what age do you stop giving milk?

hayley

Reaction score
I give jacob an 8oz bottle of fresh milk at night and first thing in the morning. He still enjoys his milk but i'm worried the bottle will ruin his teeth (he has 7 now) i've tried giving him his milk in a cup with soft spout (which he drinks his water from during the day) but he wont have it. I think he enjoys lying back and sucking on his bottle teat. Which he can't do with the cup. Also once he's had his milk at night he's goes fast asleep. I've heard people say you should stop giving them milk from 1yrs. Is this true?

h x

No dont listwn to them the ecommended amount is 1 pint aday, my three year old still has a pint plus a day, they need it cos there bones are still soft and need the calium from milk :D

i was the same like u.

my son was coming off his milk hes now just under 2 now n hes bk on his milk. i went to the health vistor n seen them about it as hes very small too. his 2 on december the 6th n his trousers are only 9 - 12 months, his tops are only just 12-18 months.

hes bk on his milk now a pint a day but i put a tablespoon of ovaltine in his milk n he loves it

but i would say this if hes got a bottle thats great u can put it in that where as ollie was fully weaned off his bottle i put him on a beacker n then i thought ooooo better get him another 1 now for his milk so he has 2 beakers so he doesnt get confussed about which 1 is which

no they need milk ewan is 2 and still has a pint + a day, he loves his milk.

Milk is far better for them than juice.

Aimee still has milk in the morning and has just started asking for some before bed again too. She had it in a bottle till she was about 20 months but she now has it out of one of them no spill cups and lies on the sofa to drink it.

DD still had a bottle at night til a couple of months ago and her teeth are fine so far. When she seemed old enough I swapped to a cup and then to her having her milk and books downstairs before just going to bed with her bears. She used to fall asleep on her bottle aswell and I couldn't imagine her doing it any other way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back