Hungry or being fussy?

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Charley never seems to want breakfast in the morning and can go 5 hours before he starts moaning so i'll give him a bottle but he'll only take 3oz's before spitting it out. Earlier i thought he must be hungry even though he wouldn't take anymore milk so i mixed up some museli with 2oz's of milk for him and he ate the whole lot which makes me think he was actually hungry!
Do you think he's wanting something extra than just milk? I give him puree for tea every night now but after he's had a bottle cos i still want him having more milk than food but do you think i should give porridge/museli for breakfast after his bottle cos he'll still be getting milk in the food?
I really can't remember what i did with Lacey when i started weaning her. I just remember giving her yogurts and pureed veg then straight onto solid foods!

Sounds to me like he is ready for a bit more solid food. How old is he now again?? X

He's only 16 weeks! I was worried about early weaning but so far he's been fine. I only give him food I've made apart from the museli and he loves and eats it all!
I'll maybe start giving him breakfast now and see how he goes.
Thanks for replying hun x x

Drake started doing this in the mornings..when I started using the dummy more instead of feeding him at 3am he started draining his morning feed again (different story now though as he's being a bugger at nights) so maybe he's ready to give up a night feed?

I cant tell between fussy n hungry.. but to be honest feeding her solves both! Lol

I used his dummy last night. He had a feed at 2.30 but woke up again at 5 but he wasn't due a feed so gave him dummy and he went back off to sleep till 7.15 but still only took 3oz's once we got up. He was wingeing just now so gave him a bottle even though it's half hour early and he still only took 3oz's!

Could be just a phase then. Drake was the same last week. All week I had him barely taking 3oz a feed...he was grumpy with it too. I just made sure The gaps between each feed were shorter like you done. He'll probably come out of it within a day or two.

Actually Drake came down with a cold last week..maybe Charley is coming down with something too?

Noooo I hate it when they get cold's! Fingers crossed it's just a phase! He's been quite crouchy today which is very unlike him! Normally he's full of smiles.
Although he's been over loading with dribble today too, to the point his tops drenched and he's really biting my finger so his teeth might be getting ready to come through?!

Yeah could be! I'm convinced Drake is teething. He's getting quite grumpy lately and he's constantly got his hands in his mouth, it's like he's obsessed lol Hos tops are saturated from dribble and he bites down on my fingers too. Oh and he's getting terrible at sleeping at night as well..I might give that Amber teething necklace a whirl I think!

Lol Not quite sure, I know they work from their body heat..probably one of those healing things? I think I need to read up a bit more on them!

daisy on 3meals a day im not one to fanny about lol she has milk on waking then snoozes few hours the has brekkie about 11 she has her bottle i leave her lunch till about one so there always a few hours inbetween she sooooo loving food:)

I'm glad you've said that Lisa, I'm not gonna worry about giving charley two meals a day now! He has museli after his 7.30am milk and something I've made and puréed at around 5.30-6pm
I'll leave lunch until 5/6 months when he can have finger food!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back