Mild Bleeding

Bexie

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 9 weeks pregnant now and for the past 3 weeks I have been bleeding intermitinly (old brown blood), for the last few days it has got mildly heavier, in that every time I go to the toilet and wipe myself there is brown blood, rather than once a day or so. I have been suffering with really bad morning sickness, so went to the doctors earlier on in the week and was told not to worry as bleeding in early pregnancy can be quite common, she also said that as I was feeling so sick, that this was a good sign!!

At 6 weeks I went to the hospital cos of the bleeding and everything was fine, they found a heartbeat. The only thing is I can't help but worry. This is my second pregnancy, the first resulted in miscarriage at 6 weeks. We have also been trying for a baby for two and a half years!!!! I don't know if I should contact the hospital again so they can do another scan, I don't want to seem like I'm being neurotic, but I can't help but worry!!

Hi Bex,

If it'll help put your mind at rest then ring the Hospital and get an appointment. You're not being neurotic, your scared, it's natural.

They do say that after you see the heartbeat the chances of having a miscarriage drop dramatically.

Don't be worrying yourself sick, everything is probably fine a lot of people have bled and have healthy babies.

I hope everything turns out ok :hug:

Charm X

Thanks for your reasurance. I feel better just knowing that the chances of miscarrying are lower once a heartbeat has been detected

My friend in work has had several scares, she has suffered bleeding regularly and every time the EPU scanned her to reassure her, she has quite a photo gallery now with all her scan piccies...she has had a tough time, but is 18 weeks nearly and is getting there

Can imagine how worrying it is, even though I havent experienced it myself just wanted you to know I am sending my love and a hug, I am sure all will be well, try and take things easy :hug:

try and take it easy. If you are not happy with the doctors advise then do go to the hospital. after all they are not always right and you know how you feel more than the doctor. Worrying won't help matters so try and put your mind at rest even if you have to go to the A&E and demand a scan.
I am sure you don't have anything to worry about but doctors being flippant doesn't do much to rest your mind.
Good luck and sending thoughts your way.

Dont think youre neurotic at all and its only natural to need reassurance. I'd give your midwife or hospital a call and see if they can book you in, in the meantime REST! Good luck hun.

Did have a heavy bleed last night, mixed with clotting, so I called the hospital and they were so reasurring and told me to come in straight away. I'd resigned myself to the fact that I was miscarrying again. Anyway the good news is, everything is fine, me and my partner could have cried we were so happy. The doctor was lovely and said that if it happens again to get on the phone to them and come straight in. We got some lovely photo's. I can't beleive how much it's grown in 3 weeks, it's amazing, you can really tell it's a baby now.

I just feel releived and happy now. :hug:

I'm so pleased everything is ok :D

Now make sure you get plenty of rest lady :sleep:

Charm X

Fantastic, its lovely to see that sometimes it is all ok :D

Awwwwwww hun I am so pleased everything is ok for you!

I would always ring up if I had worries hun, you are entitled to worry and it is very natural especially as you have had one m/c!

But I am so pleased all is well........that is fantastic news!!! :dance: :dance:

Wishing you a very healthy & happy pregnancy babe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back