Irregular Bleeding

hana_022001

Reaction score
Hey Ladies...

I know i keep going on about the same things just looking for some guidance and help really, i don't know if i should push for more at the Docs. Basically i have been bleeding alot inbetween periods...

I had a bleed at the end of August which was my first bleed after coming off the injection in February. I had a 6 day bleed at the end of October, i then stopped for a couple of days and then started again which was very heavy and clotty, i was tired and very irratable and lasted for 8 days then stopped for 3 days and started again for another 6 days and then stopped for 3 weeks and have just had another bleed that lasted 11 days so on day 9 i started to take the tranexamic acid the doc had given me. I had now stopped bleeding for 3 days and today have had blood when i wipe and am worried i'm going to start again....

Should i just go to doctors and insist that they investigate this as i feel i'm just going to pester them for no reason...

Please help me x

NEVER think ur just guna pester them hun.
That wat they there for. If u feel theres somet wrong or worried bout something then mither them to DEATH until they do something. Ive been fobbed off far too many times and have learnt to keep on pressuring them till they do something.

Ur not a hinderence. They are there to help.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I havent got any answers for u hun. The only time i bled alot (4weeks constant) i found out it was a CMC. And i had to keep going back then until thy took me seriously.

But massive hugs and be strong.
xxxxxxxxx

Thankyou for your reply Kezzipea, i will give them a call in the morning (that's if i can get through) xx

I'd personally want any bleeding between periods investigated ASAP xx

Yep i agree with the others i wud demand that they at least run some tests for you, i dont know much about periods and i know everyone is different but it doesnt sound too good and you deserve some answers.

Fx for you.

Michelle. x

i think u need a scan. make an appointment with your doc and if when you call them the receptionists tell you its gonna be a week or so i would have no reservations in telling them in all the gorey details why waiting that long is not acceptable. thats what i have done and it worked lol!

Hi hon I would ask them to do your 21 day bloods to see if you are ovulating. You have obviously been off contraception since February so that is nearly a year. I would tell a slight lie and and say you have been ttc for a year so you get the ball rolling on 21 day bloods and first appointment where you get a scab done. They say it can take a year to get your periods straight so give it another month, but get the ball rolling now with first investigations. Love gizzy xxxx

I think your body is having trouble regulating it's self after coming off the injection. The way my doctor explained it to me was think of it as a computer needing rebooting to run properly again. Something similar happened to me after a miscarriage in April. My doctor prescribed me northisterone i took it 3 times a day for ten days which basically stopped all bleeding after 3 days. After 10 days of tablets you get a normal period roughly 3 days after you finish. It worked a treat for me. I would suggest this to your doctor before you go down other routes. Good luck hun xxx

Hey Guys,
I called Docs this morning and managed to get an appointment for this evening!! Yes i know, shock bloody horror!!

I went and saw a locum doctor who was indeed very helpful, he had a long chat with me and made very detailed notes of what i told him, he then examined my tummy which was a little tender above my womb (so he says).

He has arranged a blood test for me to make sure i am not anaemic which is good, and has asked that it also be tested for TSH, FSH & LH, Prolactin and Testerone. He has also requested that my blood is checked for Rubella antibodies as i am trying to concieve. Also he has referred me to my local hospital to have an ultrasound to have a look into things abit more deeply.

So i am know one very happy hana xx

That's great hun :) hope you get sorted soon x x

this just shows how fab some docs are and how pish others are!

hope this gets the ball rolling for you!

Only just saw this so glad your doc is getting things sorted for you.

Michelle. x

I have been taking it for 5 days, on day 1 and 2 i was still bleeding and on day 3 and 4 i stopped but now on day 5 i seem to be bleeding again!! Blood test in the morning so i'm feeling a little anxious!!

oh hun dont know what to say. the good thing is is that you are geting soemwhere with your gp now though. good luck. one thing i could think off is that an aunt of mine rather randomly had an infection in her womb which casued tenderness and bleeding for weeks and weeks, a scan diagnosed it, she had soooooo much lining in her womb and simply got a d&c to clear it all out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back