MIL Trouble

bobtheunfortunateone

Reaction score
Help.

My MIL has come over to visit her other grandchild and would not come to see our son, She last saw our lad a year and a half ago, she saw her other Grandchild 4 months ago, they are having a baby, so she caught the first flight over (She is only 1 months pregnant) I'm 5 months and she didn't even call to see how the scan went or what we are having. We feel that she treats our son very differently even thought we keep her more involved than they do. She as never come to our house, been here for 3 years and our last one 5 years, she as been to theres 2 twice in 3 years.

Everyone says if she cannot treat her grandkids equal then we are better off, espececially when it makes me ill and sick. I don't know. I hate when people stop there kids from seeing family. but when she cannot be bothered, should we?

Help :wall: making me cry (Dam hormones)

aaarw hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

its her fault missing out on ur sons growing up, leave her to it and when she wants somethin in return then tell her where to get off!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My nan is the same and always has been, my younger cousins have always come first and it used to really bother my folks.
But we always new the other grandchildren came before us and now we are all old enough to know that they still do we don't really care, its their loss and they have missed out on so much ( including seeing their great grandson as often )
If the couldn't be botherd with us while we were younger we can;t be bothered with them now there older.

I wouldn't let it get to you, my parents attitude was " we have our family "

ahh :hug: thanks guys, everyone says the same, I don't understand her, it is like we have to force him on her and thats not a relationship. We are very blessed, I just want to share that with our family, but it makes us soo unhappy, not worth beanies health or my little ones helpping mummy when she get ill with it. But thanks again, i like to have it from different points of view as family can sometimes say what you want to here.

xxx

Don't bother about it - one of my nans is the same - she couldn't even tell you Josh's birthday - she's forgotten it many times. It used to be embarrassing Christmas day to see the £10 pressies we got and the £100 pile of pressies for my aunt's children :roll:

funnily enough tho - it's my mum who takes her shopping (its her mil) and my dad (his mum) who always moves her into a new house, decorates etc. And she's v rarely even seen the grandchildren from the other cousins - except when they want babysitters.

TBH it doesn't really upset me - its a family joke :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back