Midwife

littlemuffin

Reaction score
Ok I am a little confused, will my midwife get in touch with me, or do I have to contact them.

I went to the doctor last Friday, and she said she would arrange everything, but by the sounds of it on here most girls talk to there midwives soon in to their pergnancy. I mean should I wait and see if I hear something, or should I contact the doctor. I know it has only been a week, but I don't want to be forgotten about.

I called at 8 weeks, and she just called me she'd contact me to book an appointment in a few days as she usually does the appointments around week 10. She called only a few days later though, and my appointment is next week (when I'm 9+1) and that's because she's going on holiday soon so she's trying to fit everyone in before that. Many of the girls on here are in touch with their midwives earlier because of previous miscarriages or bleeding etc, in which case it's good to see your midwife earlier. If you don't have any problems you should just wait for the midwife to contact you! (But if you haven't heard anything around week 9 I would call and check just in case!

I was 9 or 10 weeks I think when I heard from mine.x

lol i havent seen or heard from anyone, even the doctor didnt need to see me they were quite happy to go with the HPT and pass my details to the MW who i assume will call me sometime when im further on lol

Mine contacted me at 9-10 weeks to arrange the booking appointment, then a letter with a scan date was sent to me which I got today (at 12 weeks) for next Tuesday (almost 13 weeks) :)

I was told they would get in touch but because i needed a early scann and had heard nothing after a few weeks i got intouch my self and made the app, Longer version of this is in my post from earlier LOL

Maybe give it a week and make a call cant hurt

My GP booked my appointment with the midwife when I went in to tell him that I was pregnant. I didn't have to wait for a call or anything.

I went to gp yday, phoned midwife today and I'm booked in for when I'm 8 weeks :) eeekkkkkk xxx

Every area is different. I had to call the midwife team for them to call me back at 8 weeks to make the appointment, Anyway now 10 weeks they never called me back, So I ended up phoning them and made my appointment there and then. I would give it a small while if they said they were passing on your details. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back