Booking in appointment

MrsG

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am now 9 weeks pregnant and went to see my GP two weeks ago, so I could be refered to a midwife. Id checked and read books beforehand so knew what to expect at the doctors.

He said I should hear from the midwife within a couple of weeks. I was wondering how long was it before you had contact from your midwife??? and how did she contact you the first time???

Im really impatient and hate waiting, I cant wait to get booked in so it all seems real!!

I booked in o see my midwife for when I was gonne be about 10 weeks but he rang me about a week after and told me he wanted to see me sooner and I saw him at 6 weeks (I have a m/c history).

Depends on your surgery i guess - some give you their numbers (which mine did) and some don't.
Sorry I can't help more xx

My GP told me just told me to go to the reception and just book an appointment with the midwife. they gave me an appointment the same week so i saw her for the first time at 4 weeks pregnant. Just phone your doctors surgery and ask to book an appointment with the midwife otherwise you will be waiting a very long time from what ive heard.

i went to the docs when i first found out, got me to do another pg test for their records. When I rang up for the results the receptionist took down some details and then said a midwife would contact me, she called me about 2-3 weeks after and then i had a home visit the next day.

I saw my midwife at 5 weeks, but she didn't do the booking in appointment until 10 weeks.

thanks for the replies, guess its the usual depends on where you are. I will call my doctors and chase.

Thanks

Got home last night to a letter from my midwife, my booking in appointment is scheduled for this Sunday. so Im happy now.

I went to the doctors when I was about 6 weeks and they wanted to do their own urine test, which I did. When I called up to see the result they told me it was positive and that the midwife would be contacting me, at about 10 weeks. She called me last week and came to my house to see me on Monday. I am 9 and a half weeks now.

I think it does seem to depend on where you live, also, in Gloucestershire we have 2 scan's, one at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks. In Cheshire, where I am from, they only do one at 20 weeks! I would hate to have to wait that long. My friend told me that you can get an earlier one but only if you are unsure of your dates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back