Doctor or Midwife??

scaredbuthappy

Reaction score
Just wondering why some people have their check-ups etc with their doctor and some people have them with their midwife?
When i first became pregnant i always assumed i would have check-ups with my doctor throughout the whole thing and then a midwife when i gave birth.
But when i first phoned my doctor to tell them i was pregnant and what to do next, they gave me the phone number for my local clinic to see the midwife....and i never saw the doctor even once!
Im now about 28 weeks and my midwife only does appointments at the clinic on thursday mornings im just wondering if i ever needed to could i have an antenatal check-up with my doctor or do i always have to see the midwife? Am quite confused :wall: :wall:
Does everyone else see a midwife for their regular check-ups or do you see your doctor? :wave:

Hey hun, I've only ever seen my MW for appointments and things.

If you're 28 weeks, then you're in 3rd Tri!

If you post this in there the girls over there might be able to help you :hug:

Sorry I'm not much help! xx

As far I'm aware it's always with your MW who will see you throughout yout pregnancy and birth and for a short time after the birth (not always the same one though) after that you get passed to a health visitor I think.

This is my first so I'm only going off what I've read in my books and what my doctor told me.

You could post in 'ask a mum' section to see what they did

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back