Midwife today

Tillytots

Reaction score
I saw midwife this morning, firstly I have glucose in my wee :? I already had GTT 3 weeks ago and it was fine so Im having a midwife visit me on Sat to re-test my wee and if its still got sugar in it then I have to have GTT again :roll: no sweeties for Sarah *sigh*

Fundal height is coming down, Ive grown 1cm in 2 weeks so Im only measuring 2 weeks ahead now :D I have to go to midwife weekly now so if next week Im still measuring big she might send me for a scan just to check everything is ok and to see how big baby is.

Baby isnt engaged :cheer: I have been told to rest though as I keep getting painful BH's and she said she doesnt want me to go into labour yet, although everything would be fine its still too early. so I have to learn the art of sitting on my bum :( booooooo! I have been walking for at least an hour 2 hours a day so this is going to suck.

I turned down the referal for physio for SPD, although this is killing me I cant see a belt helping me tbh so Im just going to put up with it for a few more weeks and just cry when I get dressed or turn over in bed :lol:

thats about it really.....Im not likeing this no sugar thing though! When someone says you cant have something it just makes you want it more!! LOL

xx

Well if you can't be getting the exercise from your daily walks maybe it's a good thing you can't have sweeties :wink: :rotfl:

Seriously though, hope everything is alright with your wee wee and it won't do you any harm to put your feet up and relax. I have to walk everyday and I don't want to :shakehead:

Good news about the measurements though, hope things stay on track for you :hug:

A busy appointment for you! I'm sorry that you are having to make changes but I guess it's all for the benefit of your LO and you even if it doesn't feel like it!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks girls, Il be fine really. I dont eat alot of sweeties anyway but at the mention of NO SWEETS I faniced some :rotfl:

I was suprised the things that have alot of sugar in like pineapple which I eat tons of! :shock: And things like fruit juice :( never mind, it'll be a learning cuve for me :)

glad your growing has slowed now hun
shame about the sugar although im sure all will be fine at the weekend on the re-test
time to put your feet up though get some puzzle books or something to keep you from being too bored
manda xx

Some good and some not so good news in there.

At least your fundal height is slowing. I'm sure LO is on track size wise. Maybe its the swimming pool inside you shrinking a bit :think:

Shame you need to rest, but I can understand her concern. I am still walking as much as possible (just got back from a waddle down the drive/hill and back) and would not be happy at the thought of being sat on my arse all day so :hug: :hug: :hug:

And fingers crossed your urine tests ok on Saturday.

Nice you'll see your MW each week now also. I'm not due to see mine till 34 weeks now (when I get my 34 week scan and the consultant sign off on homebirth :pray: ) and then again at 36 all being well.

With regards to the SPD, I agree with you, I can't see a belt helping much at this stage. Hopefully it will be bearable in these coming weeks. Rest and relax when you can, so if sleeping is uncomfy you are at least not tiring from lack of it at night.

I think someone else on here passed their GTT loads of times, but actually she did have it, so best u get re-checked Sarah. :hug:
I passed mine, but i eat such rubblish and baby is so big, it wouldn't surprise me if i do!
NOW PUT YOUR FEET UP!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Maybe its all your Ice-poles Tilly!!! I'm still craving them!

Glad fundal height is a bit better as well xxxx

hello

I have been told to stop my walking as my braxtion hicks were so bad and baby was too small so I have been a total pig and had cravings for things like cheese pasties and will turn into a pudding without exercise, seriously tho slowing it down a bit is a good thing, I thought I was going into early labour and that would not be good for bub.
It is good you are measuting right now, hope mine has grown and caught up, was 3 weeks behind
x

Some good and bad news there Sarah. If your midwife is concerned about early labour then you better take it easy. Good news about the growth maybe you can send your extra cm's my way im still 4 weeks behind. Hope the tests at the weekend come back more positive.

As for the physio for spd i got it confirmed today that i have this and i asked the midwife if there is anything that they can do and is it worth physio considering im 34 weeks and dont have long left, i didnt want to waste the physios time. She said that when the baby starts engaging i will get more pressure so i would benefit from a support belt. So ive been booked in for next week, i hope it helps.

Oh No...sorry to hear about the wee thing!!! God !! I would really struggle if I got told no sweets or fruit-they are my main cravings!!! (typical!!! I bet that happens now!!) :evil:
Good news about your fundal height-imagine if it had carried on a the rate it did at the start tho-you would be HUGE!!! :rotfl:

Now get resting....... :D

sorry about ur wee hun but glad growth has slowed a bit 4 u xx

Know how you feel about the sugar Tilly, my midwife keeps telling me to stop eating to much sugary things, but like you say it's the food and drink that contains sugar and you don't realise it!! :wall:

Good that your size is sorting it's self out :dance:

LOL - I think I may have discovered the culprit to my glucose this morning...

Cookie Crisp cereal...I had 2 bowls and that has over 30g of sugar in it! :shock: thats a 3rd of my daily allowance :rotfl: usually I only have wholemeal toast...naughty me :lol:

Yum for sugary cereal though! I was on CocoPops until I realised that was one of the reasons I kept getting dizzy about 11am every day :doh:

Great news that your fundal height has slowed. At least there's no danger of you exploding like in a cartoon now :rotfl:

Oh and Bloom - didn't know about the SPD must check my texts!!! :cry:

OMG I have eaten a whole box of honey nut cherrios in one week - 10.7g of sugar per 30g serving and it was a 600g box!!!

Looks like we will have to stop eating those lovely cereals Tilly!!! :wall:

you might find that stopping the walking helps your SPD

some days i walk quite a lot and the next day i often have the pubic bone pain

i think it could be related to overactivity

I hope you feel better soon Bloom with SPD, isnt it nasty :evil:

I hope resting a bit does help it, Im going to be sooooooo bored though! I like mandas idea of puzzle books, good thinking. It might get my brain going too you never know! :lol: If it wasnt so bloomin windy Id go sit outside else I'll get cabin fever - I hate being stuck indoors. Only a few more weeks though left! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Sophie1102 said:
OMG I have eaten a whole box of honey nut cherrios in one week - 10.7g of sugar per 30g serving and it was a 600g box!!!

Looks like we will have to stop eating those lovely cereals Tilly!!! :wall:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I cannot believe how much sugar there is in them! SIL just said she had a bowl of frosted shreddies and kept getting glucose in her wee a few weeks ago before she had her baby so she'd do her wee first then eat them :lol: I only brought cookie crisp yesterday as it was on offer and I thought it would make a nice change to toast, I havent had it for ages! :roll: oh well back to toast
xx

Im glad uor babies fundal height has gone down a bit
shame about no sugar though poor you
:hug: about the SPD cant be comfortsable and my heart goes out to you hunny

lol sarah :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members