Midwife got me worried

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Had the midwife this morning, And of course the homebirth thing wasnt brought up. :wall2:

It was a different midwife, she was lovely but had the great job of informing me that im rhesus negative! :wall2:

My urine also tested ++ for blood, not heamoglised (Whatever the hell that means) and trace of protein. So they are sending it off to be tested properly. :wall2:

And I had brown discharge this morning, So ive been told to sit on my arse for a few days and if there is any bright red blood to go straight to the hospital. :wall2:

But! I heard baby's heartbeat! 140BPM! :dance:

Oh and apparently I was never immunised against Rubella.:wall2:

And I managed to LOSE 10lbs (Dunno how to convert that.. Sorry :p) since my booking in appointment. :wall2:

Any thoughts on what is going on or what that urine test could be ? :(

Last edited:
Why didn't you bring up the home birth? x I have no idea what the urine test could be I'm afraid x x big hugs x x hope everything is ok honey

I had the chance to, I was asked if there was anything I wantd to ask or talk about at the end. But I was just overwhelmed with the Rh thing, and then urine showing up dodgy stuff, then hearing baby.. Im like a goldfish, Easily distracted Short memory. Ive written it on my notes for the family nurse though. so she will bring it up even if i dont!

Lol x x he he x x honestly being rhesus negative is no big deal x I am rhesus neg, OH is rhesus pos so it'll mean injections and 6 years ago when I had DD I had no injections before birth just one after! So this whole injections before birth thing is new for me! Lol x x

Yeah youre right, The midwife just seemed a little paniced when I told her about the brown discharge so it rubbed off on me.

What about the losing weight thing? I still get morning sickness every now and again, But its not -that- bad. And I havent stopped eating! lol

I've just got back from midwife, and I have blood in my urine too - was literally just about to start a thread saying how worried I am!! She said it might just be one of those things, but told me about 5x to call her immediately if I see even the smallest amount of blood. She said I had no protien in urine so it's not an infection - really worried!! Heard heart beat too though, sooooooo gorgeous!! Really hope you're okay hun xxx

Theres another lady on here evie_smith thats lost weight whilst pregnant x

I've lost weight too - I've stopped doing my weights and horse riding so my limbs have turned into mushy crabsticks as opposed to vaguely butch tree trunks...so I'm putting my weight loss down to loss of muscle (as muscle does actually weigh more than fat) :)

Hope you get to have a proper conversation about the home birth soon!

I've had blood in my urine a few times, and whenever they send off a sample to be tested, they found nothing wrong.
My midwife keeps sending off samples every now and then just to keep a check on it, but they haven't found blood in my urine for a while now. Cross fingers it stays that way.

I also lost a little weight, but only in my first trimester, I think because of the bad morning sickness I had. When I hit second I gained weight.

Hope everything goes well for you. :)

I'm rhesus neg too, got my injection on tuesday (eeek), it's more common than you think, don't know about the other stuff but i've heard that some people do lose weight during pregnancy, i'm sure you'll be fine, your mw sounds like she's on it.

Hi I ahev had blood and protein in my urine everytime that I have went to the midwife and they always say that it normal to send the urine away and check there is nothing growing in it, it can be to do with a urinary tract infection thats why the blood is in the urine but this is nothing to do with a bleed in the womb as I getting blood in my urine frequently when not pregnant too, so the blood in the urine is prob nothing at all to worry about.

the brown disharge is so worrying I have had it almost constant in my pregnancy and I must admit I have had problems with the placenta but my friend had brown discharge so did I right through our last pregnancy and we had healty babies, just call the hospital if it turns red but try to calm yourself down!!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back