Thought AF got me this morning... Instead its blood in my urine! Any advice??

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Hiya Girls,

Just a lil update for you all. I did another HPT this morning, As I was peeing on the stick, loads of blood was in my urine so I just thought. Oh bugga AF is here now! Well it dyed the HPT red lol so that was absolutely useless. I put a pad on and off to work I went. I swear I have counted today.. I have been for a wee 37 times. And at first I couldnt understand why whenever I went I never had blood on the pad but always when I weed there was blood in the loo. Well it eventually sank in that I we urinating blood with clots in.. Flippin typical! It seems I have a water/kidney infection.
Has anybody got any tips on how to clear this without taking a trip to the doctors? I hate the place! I am unable to get into my doctors until next Monday which would be pointless!:wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2:

xx

Last edited:
hiya hunny try drinking cranberry juice or lemon barley water ................ lots and lots of fluids though i suffer terrible with them babe hope this helps xxxx

ooh loopylou, not nice!! to be honest, i think if i was weeing blood clots i'd be going to a&e!? xx

oh no poorlouize, that sounds horrible, all you can do is drink LOTS. Sounds like you need to get yourself some antibiotics and if you cant get to the doc go to A&E

:hugs:xxx

Not sure about home-remedies but antibiotics is probably the best.
That's what I have to take. It can be very painful so I'd really recommend going to the doctor to get antibiotics to get rid of the infection as quickly as possible. It can also spread to your kidneys if untreated.

Also drink lots of fluids as this will help flush out the infection xxx

I get this all the time and it's awful. Highly recommend you go to the docs asap as if it spreads to kidneys like TiffanyJayne said it's just horrible! Other than that I can recommend warm baths and hot water bottles. Get well soon x

Aww hun, rubbish about the infection but great it's not af! xx

I would yourself down the docs hun, hope it clears up soon xxx

all i can think of is drinking lots of water and cranberry juice, hope you are ok xxx

Hope you get better soon! Get yourself to the dr!

ive had water infections but never pee'd clots nor blood! id get it checked out xxxx

I tried home treating a urine infection once and ended up with a really serious infection and was very poorly and in a lot of pain for ages. Don't book a doctor's appointment, go down there straight away, they have facilities for emergency appointments, or you can see a nurse as it's a simple test to find out. If you really don't like your docs is there a walk in centre nearby?

I used to get it loads Lou.

The best treatment by a mile was Canasten Oasis, you can get it at boots.

I once had it on holiday and my urine was dark cloudy orange but no docs and it cleared me up in a week.

Add powder to water and drink.

It tastes foul imo, so i instead i made a mouth sized amount of liquid and downed that with a large glass of pure water. You will feel better after an hour or so but it will get worse as the canasten wears off so do another.

I've had really bad bouts and it cleared me up in a couple of days.

Drinking pure cranberry juice is supposed to be good, lots of water and stay away from anything acidic like fizzy drinks and coffee :hug:

Prevention would include making hubby wash his willy right before sex.

Last edited:
ouch that sounds very painful I echo what the others have said...eeeeeee tho for no af!!

Thanks for all the advice girls!

Louise I'm going to nip out and buy some of that now! I have drank Sooooo much water these past two days and it seems to be helping alot. I have no more blood in my urine now, only now it's luminous yellow but doesn't sting as much!

I keep meaning to do a HPT but my pee is that yellow now I dnt think it would give me the best result lol.

:)

X

Don't say i didn't warn you about the taste... although i've never been able to stomach any disolvable medicines :shock:

I'm glad you are feeling better though, i'm wondering if it could be the cause of your negative tests... maybe the concentration of hCG was less compared to all the blood and things :eh: Lets hope so :)

Plenty of water is great too, the canasten should really take the edge off the sting ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back