Midwife all booked up?

maybebaby

Reaction score
I'm really struggling to get an appointment to see the midwife at the moment! I just called to make my 36 week appointment & they're completely booked up for the next 4 weeks!! I explained politely ( :) ) that I couldn't really wait theat long & they've fitted me in early before the clinic actually starts but how ridiculous is that? I've made the appointment for when I'll be 38 weeks too, just to make sure I get one...

I know there are a lot of pregnancies about at the moment, has anyone else had trouble getting an appointment?

We only have 1 midwife working at our surgery, and the only clinic is a Thursday morning.

thats so silly we have a tiny surgery and there are about 10 MW that cover 4 surgeries so they rotate, never had any problems getting an appointment.
How you doing anyways? Got my pre op tomorrow :)

My midwife runs 3 clinics where she gives out appointments, they're supposed to run for 3 hours but she always goes over. For example the afternoon clinic I go to the last appointment is at 3:30 and she's regularly there till after 4:30.

I've never had a problem getting an appointment with her though but I think it's more to do with her dedication than her having enough time for all her patients.

Theres only one MW at my docs too (and one to cover) and only can see her on Thursday mornings but never have trouble getting to see her! She always makes my next apps. while Im there though!

sam96031 said:
thats so silly we have a tiny surgery and there are about 10 MW that cover 4 surgeries so they rotate, never had any problems getting an appointment.
How you doing anyways? Got my pre op tomorrow :)

I'm good thanks hun, can't believe you'll have LO in a few days :shock: you must be so excited! How's the big sister getting on? Does she understand about the baby? Austin's still too small really although he will kiss my tummy if we ask him where the baby is :D

Ive never had a problem getting appointment but as lea said mine also makes the next appointment there and then.

emmie said:
Ive never had a problem getting appointment but as lea said mine also makes the next appointment there and then.

Does your midwife actually make the appointment on the computer? I usually have to make an appointment at reception on the way out but because my last appointment was at home for my home birth assesment I had to call up this time. I know my sister had trouble making her 16 week appointment too (same MW :lol: ) so maybe it's just our surgery.

yup she adds me in her diary and puts me on the comp there and then :D

I had exactly the same problem as you, I didn't see my midwife for 4 weeks, right at the end of my pregnancy when I was having terrible problems. I had to keep seeing the GP. Eventually saw my midwife for the first time in a month at 40 weeks.

It's pants!

I had a problem once and had to book up with the GP instead. I think they pretty much do the same checks anyway but it is annoying!

Claire x

I always make my appintments at reception on the way out not had any problems so far. Fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back