Midwife

adele88

Reaction score
So I have the midwife next week I will be 34 weeks just wondering what will happen? She has only ever taking my weight once and my blood once or twice and after this midwife appointment will I have an appointment every 2 weeks until 40 weeks???

Last edited:
i have more bloods to be done at 34wks and the usual wee bp checks and they often chat about birth with you then it will be fornightly a few times then weekly last few weeks

to be honest they dont really bother me with me i asked the midwife last time when do we start discussing labour and pain relief and that and she says we dont. I have only ever had my blood done 3 times at the most, my weight checked once.

Do you have the same midwife all the time or different ones?

my midwife feels my bump to see if baby is cephalic or breech, measures bump to see if its a 'normal' size for dates. Takes blood pressure, listens to baby's heartbeat and puts the dip test thing in my wee sample.

Thats it really!

think it might be because i dont have the one midwife i see all the time i get a different midwife at each appointment

i been i been lucky so far only seen the same midwife, shes lovely! i will have my blood taken on thursday :( but i really hope she wont weigh me as i think i have fatten up abit :D

I thought this was bog standard practice with the NHS? Lol this is my second pregnancy and my hosp book says I should see the MW 7 times through the entire pregnancy... well I'll be 36 weeks on Monday.... I'm up to 11 appointments already... and have one every week now because of random issues.
My booking in appointment, they weighed me, never again since despite me whinging about OTT weight gain. BP and urine checks every appointment. Measuring bump since about 32 weeks, and that's it really... Had 3 blood tests, one at the beginning, one at 28 weeks, and a gestational diabetes test at about 25 weeks? I doubt they will do another unless palpitations get much worse to check iron levels?
x

dont think they'll weigh you hun. they just use your booking in BMI throughout your pregnnacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back