So annoyed at Dr surgery

furbaby

Reaction score
Although i am under consultant led care, I still have to have regular midwife appointments- now the midwife I have is a fab lady, but I feel like I constantly have to fight for an appointment.

At 8 weeks I had a booking in appointment but it was the midwives last day/ last appointment, before moving elsewhere, so my appointment was rushed and she simply said I was consultant led and would be seeing them - the paper work was rushed so I didn't completely understand everything said until i came home and read my notes.

As a result I didn't have another appointment after my 12 week scan until 21 weeks when I saw the consultant and she informed me to make a midwife appointment as soon as possible....

They could only make me an appointment for 24 weeks, the new midwife Di is absolutely lovely and I felt so reassured and told me to make an appointment for 28 weeks after I had my glucose tolerance test.

at the time my surgery told me that I can only make an appointment 2 weeks in advance as that's policy so I waited till 26 weeks and called - GTT booked for 28 weeks, however when I asked to book my midwife appointment they told me that all midwife clinic appointments had been booked until the 20th March! at which point i will be 31 weeks that will be 7 weeks between appointments and funny how they were fully booked until 5 weeks later- ESPECIALLY considering that you can 'only book 2 weeks in advance' when I asked about this they gave me no resolution and said I'd just have to wait.

Sorry for venting girls but I am pissed off as so far I have had 2 midwife appointments in 29 weeks despite the midwife saying she wants me to have regular checks... this is my first pregnancy and although I feel less worried since feeling spud move I feel if a problem arose it wouldn't be detected......

Thanks for listening to me vent a pointless thread really- but how have everyone else's experiences been?

my doctors are the same, im on my 3rd mw so far and this is my first preg too hun. ive had my appointments booked by the mw so generally had one when i should have but once i was supposed to have one and the mw had called in sick, instead of another mw doing my app there like they should have they made me book an app at the gp's office for the clinic she works there which is always full. boy was she surprised to see me lol. im just glad i have the forum here and the lovely ladies to ask about things as if it was just left to the mw's here i think id be in the dark about a lot of stuff. as it is my hospital tour is today, also my due date which i feel is ridiculous really.

At 16 weeks my mw sat with me and booked all my appointments herself which I thought was great. That sounds really bad hun, does your mw not have a direct line or mobile you could get hold of? As she is community mw you could always ring up and say you've had a baby and need some advice from her.....not that I am condoning lying to an overstretched government organisation or anything :whistle: xxxxxxxxx

That is crazy, but at least you get a tour- my hospital will not do tours as they say it increases the risk of infection, so I have to settle for a virtual tour on google ....

What concerns me is that with your first baby your meant to have more appointments than second/third..... yet I cant imagine having LESS appointments!

Thank goodness for this forum and FX that your little bub shows up soon... I in the mean time will be wishing my weeks away so fast!

At 16 weeks my mw sat with me and booked all my appointments herself which I thought was great. That sounds really bad hun, does your mw not have a direct line or mobile you could get hold of? As she is community mw you could always ring up and say you've had a baby and need some advice from her.....not that I am condoning lying to an overstretched government organisation or anything :whistle: xxxxxxxxx

I woke up today really pee'd of at the whole situation especially as her clinic is today and I should have seen her last week, so I called the surgery and they are going to get her to call me between 2 and 4-- the thing is although she is my surgeries midwife all her appointments are made through the surgery, she actually came out to reception with me after my 24 week appointment to make sure there were no problems booking my next appointment- but the practice receptionist informed her the same as me so I agreed to call back in 2 weeks....

I just feel hacked off and not sure who to blame and I don't want to shout at anyone, but boy is my fuse getting shorter my the week

If they told her that too then she won't be happy with them hun believe me. She's the one who has to answer for any complaints not the old bag behind the reception desk. Hope you get it sorted and she manages to get you in for a check up xxxxxxxxx

You should ring your local Primary Care Trust hun. I work for the PCT in Devon and I know that there is a policy with practices that they can't book further than 2 weeks ahead but I didn't think they applied to midwife appointments. Any how you clearly need someone to help you sort this out because it is unacceptable so ring your local PCT Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who will act on your behalf to sort it for you. Ours are really good and constantly help people like yourself when practices are being unreasonable. Good luck - let me know if there is anything I can help with xx

thanks Baby brains and coolbeans, I'm going to wait for the midwives call, see what she says and if I really cant get any resolution phone the PCT...

I'll update you after I've had a call

xxx

Go see the midwifeat the hospital if u can't see a community one?

I hope you get everything sorted out Furbaby, I can't comment as I haven't had a bad experiance, just wanted to offer support for venting if need be :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back