Metformin

Princess81

Reaction score
Well looks like they are gonna prescribe it for me :oooo: they are just deciding dosage :)
Hospital rang me today to confirm. As I said in another post I'm not sure if I ovulated late this month, if I did then we got bd in at the right time :cheer: I got a really dark opk on cd 22 and bd'd the morning of cd 23 and on the afternoon of cd21 lines on opk's faded after that. So I'll do a hpt in a couple weeks if no AF and if that's bfn I'll get started on the metformin. Having said that with the last pregnancy the symptoms were so strong I'd know it again anytime :shock: *sigh* the trials and tribulations of actually wanting to get pregnant :-(

That is all :lol:

Oooh, i didn't know that PCOS was linked to insulin resistance - i just did some reading on Metformin :)

Fingers crossed it will have the desired effect on you Princess :D

You know, i've read that different sexed babies can cause different symptoms so maybe you could still have a pregnancy and not know it :)

Also, maybe the second time around you won't notice it as much ;)

Last edited:
True true. Well whatever the outcome I just hope to get in control of my cycles and have the foggiest idea of what my bod is playing at :eh:

That is of course unless I get a bfp this month :yay: I did have quite strong AF type cramps last night but not a sniff of her today :) I was wondering if it could be implantation instead but dunno if 3-4 days would be too early :brat: lol

Wow...that's great Princess! Hope you had some implantation cramps;)

Lots of luck!

I have been a bit mad and done a due date calculator based on when I think I ovulated, the imaginary baby would be due on Christmas day :shock: :oooo:

lol, i did the same thing this morning when they cut the waiting time for us :blush:

Isn't it annoying that they made a film called Due Date so you have to type in "due date calc" to get the calulator at the top :roll:

Xmas day baby... hmmm... better before than after imo so you'll have to go into labour a week or two early ;)

:lol: I'd have to go mad on all the birth prompting methods :oooo:

I have read a little bit of info on metformin, like Louise said it mainly helps ladies with insulin problems, so fingers crossed it will help your body establish a more regular cycle making it easy to pin point those all important "O" days xxx

Yeh it's mainly for type 2 diabetes but also helps with the Pcos symptoms, the only one I've really had is a lack of AF prior to ovarian drilling, tho now my hormones have been allowed to break free I am getting spots :-( on my jaw, chest and back which doesn't sit at all well with me cos I've never been spotty so hopefully it'll help with it too :) x

Yep, Metformin was discussed with me by my GP but as I have re-occurring cysts rather than lots of cysts all the time I decided it was more medication than I wanted/needed and declined it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back