What to expect?

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Hi ladies, my gyno appointment is getting closer and I'm wondering whether you lovely ladies could give me your experiences?

I have no idea at all how it will pan out, all I know is that the doctor I'm seeing has been asked to do tests and possibly prescribe Metformin but I reckon that could well change if the gyno thinks I'd be better off on Clomid or whatever.

I'm soooo nervous but so excited!! Only one week left!

Eeeee, that reminds me, I was asked to bring any scans I've had done relating to my problem so need to ring my GP up and also I was sent an admissions form to fill out for "my stay"?

Is this standard practice? I assumed it would just be added to my file for future reference.

x x

Last edited:
I assume the form is because its a private appt hun but not sure, and same with scans.

My gyno asked me lots of questions so she had a history down and talked about what they would try first (clomid) sent for some bloods too. LouiseB had a scan on hers so it differs, but thats my experience if its any help :) xxx

Thanks Chaz. :)

All I know is that my GP sent the doctor a fairly lengthy e-mail about my situation so I wondered whether they'd get straight down to doing a scan. I hope so! x x

By the way, I'm a bit confused as to whether I've to pay for the appointment? We were referred by my GP, but DH said something about the hospital we're going to do NHS stuff too? I'm a bit confused! The forms I got in my letter also asked for my card details. My GP didn't mention any costs either.

x x

Last edited:
Hmm that's a bit weird.

I didn't have to fill in any card details at any point and i can't remember filling out admissions forms.

I had to fill out a data protection form at one point to let them share our info between both me and my hubby instead of separately as individuals.

I definitely confirm whether or not you have been referred as a funded or private patient because private ain't cheap and you are entitled to funded! :eh:

Wow wow wow you shouldnt have to pay, id call em to check 1st! Make sure your not being set up! xxx

Thanks ladies, think I definitely will cos I've seen the prices on the website for the fertility clinic I'm going to and it isn't cheap at all! £85 for a 15 minute appointment and if it overruns (and it's not my fault) then they'll charge me on top of that too! :shock:

I did ask DH but he said it'll be fine cos they do NHS stuff there but I'm a bit hesitant about it cos they've obviously asked for my card details so I assumed they'd be taking payments of some kind....Eeeee hope they're not cos if they are it will mean we will have to cancel cos we can't afford it. :(

DH might be entitled to private healthcare via his work but he'll have to check.

x x

They may have asked for your card details as they have a cancellation policy - so you'll be charged if you don't turn up, but not if you do. Because there's people out there who've got too used to free health care and take the piss a bit.

Ah right, that makes sense Scotch, thanks. :) x

I spoke to DH about it last night and he told me to stop worrying and that the GP had already said that it wouldn't cost us as the hospital is private but they do NHS treatment and stuff there too. :rolleyes:

I just hope we don't have to wait ages for any results!

I also asked about the scans that we need to take, I obviously didn't hear the GP (had a really bad ear infection at the time) cos he said we'd need it but he couldn't find it on my file. :confused:

Maybe it's better we have a whole new one done anyway.

Oooooh only 6 days to go!! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back