Metformin girlies?

I stopped taking it just before Xmas, after an hour of taking 1 pill I felt awful. I took them for over a month but the cramps and feeling sick got too much. I am going to start again at the beginning of my next cycle as I have always said I will do whatever it takes! Even if I have to feel like that everyday. I started on 1 tablet and day then increased to 2. Sounds like you are doing well with it though Hun so good luck and I hope you stay feeling ok on them xxx

Hi Ladies,

I know this is a couple of weeks later but I wanted to share with you my experience. I was on Metformin for a couple of months and had some tummy trouble when i was on 3x 500mg and then was almost housebound when i went up to 4x 500mg so I stopped taking them.

Last year I decided I wanted to give it another go and explained my trouble to my doctor and she reccomended I try the slow release (sometimes called extended release) version of the tablets. They are much kinder on the tummy and I seem to have gotten on well with them.

Just something you might like to consider if you are on the regular tablets and they are giving you alot of trouble!

:)

Thanks Mazza :)

I was pretty bad on my tablets for loss of appitite and extreme heartburn but just like the other ladies suggested - a coupld of weeks later and i'm ok.

No heartburn anyway, still not much of an appitite but can't complain :)

I lost my appetite on 2 tablets a day and I started binge eating because I would only be hungry at lunch times, so I would scoff my face cause I knew by dinner time I would have no appetite at all!!

DH eventually put his foot down and told me to stop taking them because I was feeling so horrible all the time he said that there was no proof that I even needed to take them, So I made a compromise and said I would go down to 1 a day instead and I have been fine ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back