Meningitis and the worst week of my life

Tiny I take Pro and Pre Biotic capsules daily, I started when I was pregnant and knew I would have to take antibiotics in labour - I was always thinking of Matt's tummy then. I think they have definitely helped his tummy get back to normal now although I think we have a different problem now in that he keeps being sick, being fussy when feeding, crying after feeds and having so much wind! Im suspecting reflux, they actually gave him Gaviscon in hospital after he went all floppy on me after a feed (scared the living crap out of me..) and it did seem to help him. Otherwise he has made a great recovery, is so happy most of the time and giggles a lot now too. Such a relief! x

just occured to me, have you checked his mouth for thrush? antibiotics can cause thrush which would give him a sore mouth and cause feeding problems. Poor little thing :(

No thrush thank goodness :)

:yay: sounds like things are on the up, reflux is bloomin horrible, poor thing! Im sure hes made such a good recovery cos he has such an awesome mummy :flower:

I'm pretty sure, from facebook, that he's okay, but is Matt completely better now? Side effects and that dying down? Xx

Hope Matt is totally better now and reay for his first xmas RM X

You poor thing, I bet you were all going through hell!!! I'm so glad he's picking up and hope he continues to do so xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear Matty is better it really worries me when I hear things like this take care xx

Thanks all you loverly ladies, Matt is doing so well, much much better - gets awful wind still and still waking in the night for feeds. I have started him on some baby rice which he gobbles down in addition to his milkies! The whole episode has made me think about going to church as I prayed for him so much in hospital - what a life changing experience x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back