Meet the midwife tomorrow

beanie

Reaction score
Have my booking in appointment tomorrow. Same midwife I had for the last part of my pregnancy and she remembers me. Am a bit nervous as I want a home birth and am worried that she will be one of those that frown on them.

Still it'll be weird to have green notes again.

Oh beanie I didn't know you were planning on a Home birth! That's great, you're braver than me :oops:

I think they're generally a lot more positive about them now. From what I recall reading, I think that a home birth is actually ever so slightly safer than a hospital birth, statistically speaking, providing that you've had a healthy pregnancy.

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow!

Midwife was great. She is very supportive of a homebirth as long as everything is ok. I hve to go for a glucose tolerance test at 28 weeks due to my family history but I am not too worried about that as I had no probs last time.

Urchin, I just had such a pantstime in hospital last time I would just rather not go back. Though if the birth is as long as last time it may test my resolve, though she says if I do go to hospital I can be dischaged after 6 hours if ok.

beanie, I've just been given 'The New Experience of Childbirth' by Sheila Kitzinger. In it she is very positive about and actively advocates home birth (in fact, she presents it as much better than hospital births and as a first choice). She had five babies at home herself and it is a very encouraging, affirming book. It has lots of great tips for coping with all sorts of labours and, even though I'm so early on, I'm finding it really helpful. It was given to me by a friend who is a doula, so I know it's not talking rubbish! I would definitely recommend getting hold of it. It's also a really easy read, refreshingly free of too much medical jargon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back