Midwife tomorrow

Strangeness

Reaction score
So I've got my first midwife appointment tomorrow and part of me is excited and another part is about down about it. The reason being my hubby came to every midwife appointment with me when I had my son but last week his work changed all his shifts and now he has to work tomorrow so he won't be able to make it :( I'm really upset that he won't be there, I know it's probably a boringish appointment which is just blood tests and wee sample but if she finds the heartbeat and he's not there I will be a bit disppointed. I want to share all of this with him and I don't think he'll be able too this time. I want him at the scans whatever it takes! Sorry to moan but I'm feeling a bit down today! I'm hoping tomorrow goes well!

i hope everything goes well for you tomorrow at the MW.

Tbh i wouldn't get to upset about it, my OH couldn't make our first appointment on the friday just after xmas due to work and i really wanted him there and he wanted to be there as it will be his first child.

When i got there it was all rather boring, just paper work, urine sample and a general chat. No heartbeat monitoring, and no bloods as the hospital im going to like to take care of that. I'm pretty glad Oh didn't come along as he would have been sat there bored out of his mind, i was ....lol

Good luck tomorrow :hug: Hope everything goes well.

Aww sending you a hug :hug: I felt like that too as i had my app last week and hubby couldnt make it. With my hormones running high i even had a go at him and mentioned that he'd been to them with our son.
To be honest tho, it was different as you know the drill as last time i remember looking forward to that app but all she did was bloods etc.
(Not that i was expecting a circus act! :rotfl: )

P.s, thanks for replying to my c-section thread in 'ask a mum' Its nice to know someone else is in a similar situation with making the choice of section or natural.

Love katie and bean (10 weeks)

xx

So I'm sat gearing myself up for my appointment now :lol: I'm kinda nervous which is silly cos I know exactly what happens but I feel like it all isn't real (except the nausea still clouding me lol). I've done my wee in a pot which I'm still pretty good at :lol: Thanks for all the well wishes girls :D Will let you know how it went when I get back. My appointment is at 10.15am

Hope it goes well :) The old talent for peeing in a pot never goes away :lol: I'm sure everything will be fine and once you have seen her you'll feel much happier :)

I never really thought about partners attending all the MW sessions. Mine never asked to and I never offered. Also so far I've had 3 15-20 minute appointments with her and he'd be hard pushed to keep taking time off work as its a big distraction when he is in the middle of a project.

All in all I'm rather glad my hubby doesn't come with me to my MW appointments as a) he'd be bored out of his mind, b) I like the opportunity to talk to my MW one on one and while I'd say the same things if hubby were there, I am sure he may go a bit green and wished he were spared the details as he gets the not so pretty picture at home :lol: and c) we have a Doppler at home so he can listen to Baby's heartbeat whenever he wishes and he comes to all the ante-natal at the hospital with me so has seen all the scans etc.

I also have ongoing heart tests/monitoring being done throughout this pregnancy and I much prefer to go have these done on my own also. I often spend ages waiting around, 30 minutes in having tests and it gets pretty boring. He'd come with if I really felt I needed him there but I don't worry too much.

Well midwife went well! Did my bloods and sent off a urine sample this time which they never did before. Spoke about how I'd like to give birth this time and I said if a natural was possible I would love to go for it and she said she can't see a reason why it wouldn't be possible. I've got to see a consultant when I have my 20 week scan to talk things through and then see them again at 36 weeks to discuss my final decision. I've got to phone thursday morning to book my 12 week scan so no idea when that will be. My midwife is lovely and I had a trainee one as well who was just as nice! So all in all it was good! You ladies were right, my hubby would have been bored! :lol:

Glad you have a nice MW and everything went well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back