Measuring large for dates

PamMc

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my appointment in clinic yesterday (routine monthly one where they test for protein, do blood pressure etc) Anyway, the MW measured me with tape measure and has referred me to the hospital on Monday as she said I was measuring 32 weeks. I have a uterine fibroid which is quite large and she thinks this could be a contributing factor. I am beginning to get a bit worried as the scan at 20 weeks was pretty much spot on for size so I'm wondering what's happened. Has this happened to anyone else?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Pamx

hey hun...didnt want to read and run...i hope it is just to do with ur uterine fibroid being a lil larger than normal. hope the girlies can shed some light on it for u and get u relaxed! Im such itl all be fine....all the best hun for monday xx hugs xx

wow thats a big difference, I had a scan on the monday last time when I was pregnant with my litle girl and they said she was measuring at 4lbs but she was born on the wednesday 6 weeks early and weighed 6lbs so sometime there measurements can be wrong xx

Sorry gate crashing from Tri 1, my last pg I was measuring 44cm at 35 weeks, and my midwife sent me straight to hospital that day. I had a scan and glucose tolerance test but everything was fine with me, although DS was 11lb when he arrived at 39 weeks! Don't worry, there are lots of things that can contribute to you measuring large, the baby might just be in an awkward position. A friend of mine was told her baby would be over 10lbs, but turned out to be 6lb 13oz xx

I saw the registrar on Monday and she thinks I'm only measuring 27 weeks so she's not too worried- she has put me in for the GTT at the end of the month just to make sure.
Thanks
Pm

god i bet that was a bit of a scare for you! i would slightly panic if i was told that lol x

I dont think measureing with a tape measure is all that accurate. im the same size i was at 12 weeks. only just starting to get bigger again. But scans show baby is on track. So *shrug*

that is a lot of difference but dont worry many factors can contribute even bloatedness, with my 1st pregnancy they kept saying my son was worryingly small and got concerned but he was fine 6lb10 when born and happy and healthy so sometimes they get things wrong, if i measure more than i am this time around ill know its cos i didnt lose all my belly before getting pregnant again i hate pulling my top up for them to look xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back