Large For Dates!!!!

evajo

Reaction score
Well had my 34 week check up today and am measuring 3 weeks ahead - MW showed me that this was off the charts!!! Its just as well i don't panic too much and said well that doesn't sound to big - but as i only measured a week ahead at 28 weeks and am measuring 3 weeks ahead now it is more of a concern as it is not following the said pattern! Had the talk of what can go wrong!
Have consultant appoitment booked now for next week - and they will have a feel and scan if nessesary! Just looked through notes though and it said home birth is to be reviewed by consultant - they can go swing if they think they are going to start talking about induction and hospital birth - because as long as babe is not in danger i'm staying put:shakehead: Have family history of large babes and i'm fairly well built myself :) so i was never going to have a tiddler 4th time round! Apparantly 9.14lbs is the cut off point for having it at home - and i know its not that big!:shock:

Updated pic last night in pic section as me and RM were comparing - i wonder how you'll get on on monday now!:oooo:

Looking at your bump, your probably not going to have a teenie baby, like you said, but to have a 10lb baby! I doubt it. Good for you for staying firm on the home birth. I think you'd be fine with it.

Hey, at least if they scan you, you get to see your LO when theyre all grown and lovely! Altho, not sure how much youll be able to see!

Hope the possible scan and appointment go well for you next week though. Ill be keeping my fingers crossed :D x

i had midwife today and im 2weeks ahead and she knew i was bigger by looking at my bump when i 1st walked in but i do produce healthy babies so shes not concerned :) x

good for you standing firm on your home birth! Just because you might be having a big baby doesnt mean you cant give birth!

My mum was told Id be big and she had a previous c-section, and aparently because of her shoe size being small (?) there was "no way" she could give birth to me. So she had a planned section and I was born weighing 5lb 10oz. The surgeon held me up and said "ooh you couldve given birth to this one naturally" as if it was some kind of joke. My Mum says he was lucky she was paralysed from the waist down or she wouldve killed him with his own scalpel!! Most people who've been told an estimated weight of their baby, have turned out to have a completely different sized baby so I have no faith inthem.

Im sure you know you CAN give birth naturally, youre a healthy woman who is built to do it so what ever they say :ignore: !!!!

Yep i competely agree! I have found this time round (six years after last one) that they seem to jump on every little thing and there are way more tests - just pleased i'm not a first time mum cos i'm not so sure i like the system now in comparison to last time! But am looking forward to scan if they give me one!

I know that what I am about to say is abit 'dated' as such, but my nanna had 5 children all delivered at home and the smallest of them was 10lbs going up to 13lbs:shock:. Now I know that she is in her 80's and times have very much changed, but what I am trying to say is that large babies and home births can be done!!

wow 13lbs! I agree with you our bodies wouldn't make babies we can't deliver! I haven't even torn before and my last one was 8 11lbs - just glad i'm chilled because this could worry other mums and its not fair. Especially when mw took the time to tell me all the bad things that could happen and never mentoined the possibility that i could!

Evajo you have such a positive attitude that it sounds like you'll have no problem delivering your baby anywhere. Two of mine were 9lb 2 and 10lb 4 and they just slipped out themselves. my mum had huge babies (at home) and tells me the size is quite irrelevant so don't know why they make such a fuss. also I don't think theyre very good at estimating as they told me last one would be under 7lb and she was over 9lb???? Enjoy your scan sure and best wishes

I had my midwife appointment yesterday and i'm measuring 36 weeks (4 ahead) She didn't seem to worry about it. She mentioned that baby might be a little on the big side but then again, I had a few cm's of flab to get me started so I told her! Lol! There's no definate way of predicting babies size. For all they know we could just be carrying a lot of fluid! I'm not stressing but a big baby is one of my first timer fears... Lol! X

Thats intresting Tasha - i wonder why they are so hot on my heels! Buttons all i can say is that must have been a shock - 2lbs out lol. I have yet to hear anyone say that they have predicted babies weight anywhere near correctly! My freind told me she had a scan during labour as babe was 10 weeks early - thy predicted 3.2lbs and he was 2.9lbs !

Well had my 34 week check up today and am measuring 3 weeks ahead - MW showed me that this was off the charts!!! Its just as well i don't panic too much and said well that doesn't sound to big - but as i only measured a week ahead at 28 weeks and am measuring 3 weeks ahead now it is more of a concern as it is not following the said pattern! Had the talk of what can go wrong!
Have consultant appoitment booked now for next week - and they will have a feel and scan if nessesary! Just looked through notes though and it said home birth is to be reviewed by consultant - they can go swing if they think they are going to start talking about induction and hospital birth - because as long as babe is not in danger i'm staying put:shakehead: Have family history of large babes and i'm fairly well built myself :) so i was never going to have a tiddler 4th time round! Apparantly 9.14lbs is the cut off point for having it at home - and i know its not that big!:shock:

Updated pic last night in pic section as me and RM were comparing - i wonder how you'll get on on monday now!:oooo:

Me too now! I actually feel like this baby wants to come out tonight,not feeling very good at all..

I'm gonna get onto MW next time I see her if i'm still measuring quite a bit ahead. My MW doesn't worry about anything and sometimes she's really pessimistic lol! I don't get her. I'll be trying everything I can come 37 weeks to get him/her out if he/she is measuring larger in a few weeks x

Sorry your feeling poorly again - it must be rubbish with LO to run round after too! My babe has been giving me lots of movement and pressure down there today - bearly jumped out of my skins twice today from pressure - mind you not ong now!!! You fairly organised ? I'm glad i did mine fairly early as i have got zip energy now and think the rest will wait until the nesting kicks in!

I'm gonna get onto MW next time I see her if i'm still measuring quite a bit ahead. My MW doesn't worry about anything and sometimes she's really pessimistic lol! I don't get her. I'll be trying everything I can come 37 weeks to get him/her out if he/she is measuring larger in a few weeks x
She said to me the worry was that at 28 weeks i was measuring 29 and because at 34 i was measuring 3 weeks ahead it didn't follow the correct curve on her chart - so maybe if i had measured 3 weeks ahead at 28 weeks they wouldn't have been so worried - i don't know! Did you measure big at 28 weeks ?

The first time they measured me was at 30 weeks. I was 3 weeks ahead then. I was on holiday when I was 28 weeks. Hope it'll be ok, like I said my biggest fear is a big baby, I don't want to struggle more than i'm gonna have to! Lol! I'll let you know how I get on though x

You stick to your guns, youv'e done this before and you have the birth you want Hun

I always measure small for dates , and I am 5 foot 10, and always tell them,look I have a long middle section , they always fath about and book extra scans, I had 6lb 11oz, 7lb 2 and 5lb 15oz - so the only one that was smaller was the last one , but I did have her at 37 plus 5 weeks! so really Hospitals don't listen to the mother , we are not all text book

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back