Measuring Bump Correctly

LucyH

Reaction score
Hi All,:wave:

I havent seen my mid-wife yet - Dont think I see her now till im 28 weeks.....

Everyone keeps saying Im big for 25 / 26 weeks:coffee:

I was wondering how you measure your bump??

Is it from under your boobs in line with your belly button & down????

Do you measure in cm or Inches?? & its meant to be the same as weeks isnt it??

Hope someone can help...

Here is a pic of bump..:bump::bump:.

Attachments

• Bump.jpg
    Bump.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I've never measured my bump or had it measured by a midwife in any of my pregs so can't help u there. I think if I knew I'd be obsessed and measuring it every day lol.

Anyway, I don't think you look big. I think it's a nice neat bump x

That looks a bit like my bump (mines more rounded though) and I'm only 19 weeks x

I find measuring (the fundal height) quite tricky. They measure in cm and use a soft measuring tape from the top of your pubic bone to the top of your uterus. Now that's the bit I find tricky. Some people are able to find the top of the uterus quite easily, I seem to have a bit of trouble. I was told the uterus feels a bit firmer and if you track upwards with your fingers you should feel it going a bit more 'squishy'. So you measure from pubic bone to the top of the uterus and there should roughly be a cm per week. Mind everyone is different though so some people do measure bigger and have 'normal' size babies. I was being measured from 17 weeks but practice is different across the UK. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless they are voicing concerns.

Last edited:
Think you have a cute little bump - wouldn't say you were large at all!
I got measured on Tuesday but the midwife didn't really say much to be honest. She had a general feel around and quickly used the tape then mentioned I could be having a larger baby! I'm not really showing much bigger then you but I wouldn't take these measurements too seriously. Yeah they are a guide but everyone looks so different at each stage... take care xxx

my m/w wont be measuring my tum as i have a big one so im having scans for size instead but i dont think you look overly big for how far you hun x

That's not big, thats really tidy for 25 or 26 weeks! enjoy X

Hi,

Thanks sooooooooooo much guys!! Made me feel LOADS better!!!! I was feeling a little down - cus everyone is always commenting on how BIG I am :( And when I say I have 3 months to go - they are like " WOW You're HUGE" I think they think its ok to tell a pregnant women their fat!!!! Yup makes us feel sooooo happy!! lol

Ive had a go at measuring - but I dont think Im doing it correctly!! Hopefully when I see the midwife at 28 weeks - she'll tell me the truth!! :)

Enjoy your pregnancy ladies x

Oh I meant to say you should measure while laying on your back, and that measuring has really been replaced by ultrasounds as measurements turned out to be quite inaccurate!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back