No kicks or bump yet!

saz-jay

Reaction score
Hi everyone

i'm 18 weeks tomorrow by the date i was given at my scan, and my dr said i should start feeling kicks etc within the next 4 weeks ish, but ive got no bump and i'm wondering if i'll still feel the sensation aswell as someone with a bump? My dr said she could feel the top of my womb just under my belly button and that was on the 23rd of this month, but its still the same now as it was then! I know its supposed to feel like popping of fluttering but ive felt nothing! :?

i didnt feel movement until about 20 weeks.

your placenta may be at the front, you will find out at the anomaly scan my placenta is anterior (at the front) so movements are cusioned a fair bit.

also i didnt start getting a bump until about week 22. and even then it wasnt obvious at all! just looked like id over indulged a bit!

I'm the same, I'm 20 weeks and the kicking has just started, and is still limited. The midwife at my 16 week scan had a hard time finding the heartbeat as the placenta is in front (don't worry we found it and it sounded good!) She said the kicks would probably start a bit late as technically the baby has to kick hard enough for it to be felt through the placenta. Since then I've felt more movement - and some towards the back which is very strange!

With my first I had kicks at about 16 weeks and was showing then too - so am really confused as to why I look skinnier than when I got pregnant!!!

Enjoy it - there is nothing worse than being big for a long time, by the time I gave birth (2 weeks over) I felt like an elephant!!

Thanks for the replys ladies
this is my 1st pregnancy so dont really know when to expect things to happen....on my scan notes its says ive got a posterior placenta, which i think might explain my backaches.....i just cant wait for bubba to start kicking and letting me know he/she is fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back