Measuring 3 weeks behind!

Kanion33

Reaction score
Today my OB told me I am measuring 3 weeks behind so she ordered me an ultrasoun for next week, I will be 37 weeks in two days. She could tell i was worried and told me I had been measuring small my whole pregnancy (WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO KNOW RIGHT?!) :mad: I had an one ultrasound a week after christmas and my fluid was at an 7, so they then told me to drink lots of water and i had another ultrasound the following week for extensive growth check on my baby. That and my fluid came back fine. I also have GBS that I ALSO didnt know i had until i asked about it. should i be worried??

Don't worry. Measurement is just a tough guide and often wrong. I know plenty if ladies here who hsvd measured small and had totally healthy babies or normal size

I've had lie fluid from week 29 and I'm packing a baby due to be 8.5-9lbs so don't fret about but. It'll drive you mad

This is my third pregnancy, I'm usually a size 14, but with morning sickness have dropped to a size 10/12 with all 3. With this pregnancy, I didn't even show till about 26 weeks. With my last two pregnancies I measured 4-5cm smaller the whole was through and had a 9lb4 baby (10 days late), and a 8lb4 baby (14 days early). So really depends how you carry.

I wouldn't worry for now :)

Don't worry. :) At 30 weeks I was measuring 22 weeks and at 31 weeks I was measuring 26 weeks or something. Had my growth scan today and baby was fine. :)

Like all the other ladies say try your best not to worry! My sister in law was told that her baby was measuring small all the way through, had to have a ton of scans. Baby ended up being 10lb 8 on his due date!
They predicted him to be 6lbs - 7lbs or something.
Shows just how much they get it wrong! :) x

My 34 week scan showed baby to be at 38 to 39 weeks from tummy measurement but they said not to worry as no health issues detected. I don't go by everything they say as I measure 34 weeks in the outside, take it with a pinch of salt x

They said with my daughter I was a few weeks smaller then I should off been and had a scan every week to check the blood flow in the cord. She was 5.15 1/2 lb when she was born at 37weeks she was tucked back the majority of the time but my first child was born at 27 weeks so I was pretty happy she was fit fine and healthy. :)

Did you say you have Group B strep hun? it can be problematic if youn have active colonies at the time of delivery, they often give iv antibiotics during labour if this is the case, might be worth talking to your midwife about it. it can cause some little ones to get very ill after the birth, so have a chat with them and maybe get another test done to make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back