Meal ideas

cassi

Reaction score
Well i am now sick of having the same meals week in week out and i oh just called to ask what i wanted him to get for tonight cause shopping not getting delivered till tomorrow and i had no idea.

So this is my new meal ideas thread...please add away so i can write a new weekly menu!!! :D

cheers
cas xx

Great idea!! Today I did liver, sausages,, mash, peas & carrots. I prepared it this morning while Rubie was asleep, but then my mouth watered so much, we had it for lunch instead of tea. :D

I usually have takeaway most nights but that will have to stop when I stop getting paid next month :(

Oh yeah just realised, sorry!!

That's one thing I hated about being pregnant. I can't cook it though, it makes me feel sick when it's raw, I keep thinking of those stories you hear about it moving and crawling up things lol. My mum had to come round and do it for me :oops: I did the rest though (opened the tins of peas and carrots etc :wink: :lol:

Mmmm liver!!! I love it!!!

I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that I went on Ready, Steady, Cook, and my bag contained liver, stilton, brie, prawns in the shell and a whole fresh cheesecake!!!!!!!! Only 15 weeks to go then I'm having them all in one meal, washed down with a glass or 2 of Rioja!!!!

We're having chicken and pepper wraps tonight. Chicken breast sliced, then fried in olive oil until brown, then adding thickly sliced green and red peppers and onions, and frying quickly so they stay crunchy. Then these are wrapped in flour tortilla's with soured cream. Yummy! And they only take 10 mins!! :D

tonight we are having, boiled jacket potatoes, stuffing bacon rolls (yummy), cabbage ( good for iron and yummy) stuffed chicken and gorg gravy, and i can smell it now and mmmmmmmm.

Usually do this on a Sunday, but was too hungover to cook yesterday so my mum brought us our dinner :lol:

EEWWWW Liver!!!! I feel ill just thinking about it!

Do you all like kidney and tripe aswell??!!

I think my beans on toast are coming back up! :lol:

Tonight for tea I'm making steak with a cheese sauce, veg and home made paprika potato wedges. Yum Yum!

Kidney & tripe?? Er no!!!!!!!!! Yuk yuk yuk!

toinite were having gammon steak with pinneapple rings on top with new baby boiled potatoes with peas carrotts and cabbadge and afterwards strawberry spounge cake and custard mmmmmmm cant wait

sounds v nice,.i have decided on minted lamb chops, mash potato, asparagus, yorkshire puds and gravy :D

we are having toad in the hole with mashed potato peas and onion gravy. mmmm! :lol:

That is one thing i have nevertried is asparagus so sorry to sounda bit thick but whats it like and how do u cook it?

if it has no instructions i cant cook it....lol

any good cooking books (simple ones to start me off with) any of you could reccomend or any good recipies yous could send me would be fab as i want to be able to cook a full meal from scratch (ive never had a proper roast dinner because im to scared to attemp to cook one as i dont know how to and im scared incase we get poisoned)

Jean
xx

I had an oven baked spud with Prawns and steamed veggies.... love it!

EMilia xx

yum that sounds so nice Emilia.

Weestar asparagus as so easy. Just wash and snap them (there is a natural break in them) and then I just put mine in a griddle pan for a few mins til they go a brighter green then put olive oil and black pepper on, yum yum.

We are having thai green curry, with chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas and baby corn. :D

Tonight for dinner we had baked spuds with tuna, sweetcorn, mayo, tomatoe and loads of black pepper. Yummy

Our chicken wraps went out the window when I got home because my feet had swollen so much on the first day back work that I could hardly stand. :(

So my lovely daughter diced the chicken and added a jar of store cupboard backup korma sauce, and we had it with rice and naan bread. I have to say it was yummy!!

I've taken a pound of steak mince out the freezer this morning, so tonight will be something like bolognese or chilli. Unless someone else has a better idea what to do with it????????

Weestar - Asparagus also makes a georgeous starter for a dinner party. Just snap the asparagus, and then blanche in just enough boiling water to cover them for about 4-5 minutes. Then remove the asparagus, and add a couple of spoons of the cooking liquid to some mayonnaise. Arrange tha asparagus on the plates, sprinkle with whole grains of sea salt and serve with the asparagus flavour mayo on the side. Remember - no cutlery required with asparagus, it is better eaten with the fingers!!

hii never tried a roast beofre until i bit the bullet and had a go and it was much easier than i thought, admitedly i only done roast beef but i followed the recipe to the letter and was so chuffed with my crispy roast potatoes!! i even cooked for in laws xmas day and it went well. i suggest just try it, its all confidence in cooking and trial and error. :clap:

tonight im doing mince, onions, mushrooms and carrots all together mixed with gravy and mashed potatoes, DFs fav, and we call it stew bugs and onions :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back