Weekly Meal Menu?

Wobbles

Reaction score
Do you girls plan a weekly meal plan or just see whats in the fridge/freezer/cupboard on the day?

Whats your typical dishes?

My house its mainly

chicken sweet sour
chicken salad
chicken roast
chicken supreme
chiken curry
chicken fajitas
lasanagh & chip or salad (or both)
chili con carne
spaggi bol
jacket spuds & salad
cold meat salads
pork roast
gammon baby tats veg cheese sauce
beef stew

What about you girls? I need new ideas!

Oh I did the chicken philli and parma ham last week it's yummy! Im doing it again tonight only I have no parma ham with baby tats, steam veg & cheese sauce mmmmm

Shall be lurking lots here. Im such an awful cook, Mark does all the cooking in the house, and he's not around in the evenings much at the moment, so me trying to cook, something half decent isn't very good.

I usually shop for a week, but get anything and everything, and expect him to make a meal out of it kind of thing.. Hmm maybe i should start planning,

I just play it by ear tbh
see what we fancy, although I don't tend to eat what OH and kids eat, pies and stuff and OH doesn't eat what me and kids would eat, stir fry lasagne etc...

Mealtimes are such fun in our house!!

I'm doing shepards pie tonight with Brocolli and cauliflower (beef not lamb though)

I don't meal plan but I really should. I need to learn to cook a few more dishes to make it possible though. So far all I really make is Chicken Supreme (thanks to your lovely recipe of course), Spag Bol and Lasagne.

xxx

Lots there that we have.

Plus....
Quorn shepherds pie/lasagne/chilli/bolognase
Risotto - mushroom, pea and mint (my fav) or both those with bacon for the meat eaters
Taglitelle (sp) with spinach (frozen) mushroom, pine nuts and philli and chives with a drop of milk for sauce
Fish pie - blergh..not for me....the other eat that....eeewww

sausage casserole and mash
Stilton and mushroom pasta
chicken korma, but made from scratch...v unhealthy lol
Chicken a la king

But don't ask me for recipe's OH does them:dance:

I always do a meal plan. I write it on a sun and then only buy the stuff for whats on it so i can't stray.

Usually one night we have junk- pizza or frozen stuff.

*Cheese and ham pasta bake
*Cottage Pie
*Corned beef hash (I love this, think it's a northern thing though)
*Chicken nachos (use the liquid fajita mix, pour on top of tortilla chips, put cheese on and stick in oven)
*Chicken/Beef/ Sausage casserole and mash
*Toad in the hole and mash
*Chicken wrapped in parma ham with spinach in, and mash
*Pasta, pesto and feta
*Tortelloni
*Pasta, Pesto and Salmon
*Tuna Pasta Bake
*Fishcakes and veggies
*Chicken in either nandos/reggae reggae sauce with rice or roasted veg
*Risotto- I tend just to throw whatever in.
*Quiche and salad in the summer
*Sometimes I make enchiladas instead of fajitas for a change, make fajitas and then pour salsa over and cheese and bake in oven

I can't think of anymore at the mo. xx

Last edited:
yep we normally, well i lol normally do a meal plan :D our household favourites:

chicken and veg stir fry, with noddles, and lots of variations of this, and often with a cook in sauce
mexican dinner kits
chicken korma and rice
hunters chicken and potato wedges
lasagne
homemade burgers in buns
jacket potatoes and scoop the middle out, and then mix with different toppings, like cheese and bacon and restuff and bake till cheese is melted
bbq chicken
toad in the hole
chicken stew and dumplings

I plan 4 meals for the week and then go by ear for the rest

These are the kind of things we have

Pie, mash and veg
Sausage casserole
Lasagne
Fish Pie
Beef Tacos
Chicken Fajita's
Cajun chicken and sweet pot wedges
Sweet and sour chicken and rice
Jacket potatos with either prawn mayo or tuna mayo and salad
Beef stew and dumplings
Toad in the hole

I like to cook a lot of traditional English kind of meals, we're also quite big fish and seafood eaters, i prefer that over most meats tbh

I used to do meal plans but OH used to change his mind at the last minute all the time and it did my head in!! Now the only days i plan are Thursday and Sunday. Those are the days that i make a proper dinner with veg and stuff. We eat alot of pasta, tuna and sweetcorn bake, lasagne and bolognaise and i do casseroles, curry's, and chicken chassure (sp?) oohhh and in the winter i love to do broth :) we do sometimes eat frozen processed shite if were in a hurry but not too often xx

I sort of do a rough plan in the supermarket for some meals, then buy a load of stuff like rice, veg etc and decide on the day what I am going to cook. Some regular favourites are:

Mushroom Risotto
Vegetable Korma
Roast Vegetables with cheese on (mmm)
Pie (either bought or homemade) with vegetables
Veggie sausage casserole
Roasted vegetables in homemade yorkshire puddings with gravy
Pizza (usually buy the base and make my own topping)
Homemade pasta bake
Fish with veg/chips

Sure there are others but I can't think of them!

:)

We have alot of what you and the others have.
Now its getting colder i've got the slow cooker out and i've started doing stews and lobby. For quick teas we also have oatcakes filled with bacon, cheese and sausage, make our own meatballs, pizza's, and burgers.
I have started to use alot of frozen vegetables like peppers, mushrooms, stew packs as i find i don't have time to prepare food and cook it when i'm working!

I see a lot of people going on about slow cookers, what kind of things do you cook in them? And what cuts of meat?

Whole chickens, joints of pork/beef, beef stews, casseroles etc

Anything really :)

Slow cookers are a bit of a revelation for the working mummy in particular. We put all sorts in ours. Whole large cheap chicken and that is then stripped in to sandwich meat, meat for a curry and maybe a chicken dinner. If you like your beef pink it's no good really (unless someone tells me other wise) and we have done mutton in there which by all accounts (I dont eat it obv) is fantastic. It's great that you can whack it on in the morning, beggar off to work and come home to it sat keeping warm ready to just do a bit of rice or veg.

Hubby cooks sunday and puts stuff in the freezer or fridge and we decide what's for tea in advance. It's saved us loads and kept us to budget in preparation for me stopping work. I do recommend meal planning - I hated the idea but it certainly works :)

Is there a timer on them? I've always been fascinated by these but never bought one!

I mean how long to cook a roast/stew?

See what puts me off is that im a really fussy meat eater, there cant be one scrap of fat on the meat and i wont eat anything off the bone either, i never bothered as i assumed it was mainly on the bone stuff youd cook in them?

We have a programmable one. Crock Pot. You can take as long as you want. I'd stick a stew on first thing and leave it for the day to eat at tea time. mine you can set to stop cooking at a certain time and flick to 'warming' setting so it doesnt over cook.

You can do chilli and stew and curry etc Holly if you want to sort your meat out before :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back