Mattresses

bunnymom1980

Reaction score
What is the best kind of mattress to buy?

We're buying a cotbed, is the ordinary foam mattresses ok or are the more expensive sprung airflow type ones better?? If so why? TIA

Well there all ok hun but it kinda depends on if you will want to replace the mattress in the future!
If you got a prung mattress it will be more likely to last until baby has outgrown the bed! A foam one will be fine but when LO gets bigger and you change it to a bed, you will probably need a new one!

lea m said:
Well there all ok hun but it kinda depends on if you will want to replace the mattress in the future!
If you got a prung mattress it will be more likely to last until baby has outgrown the bed! A foam one will be fine but when LO gets bigger and you change it to a bed, you will probably need a new one!

Thanks, we may go with a foam one for now and upgrade at a later date.

It's just my best friend is buying the cot and mattress and I didn't really want to take the p*ss by going for the most expensive IYKWIM but didn't want to waste money on a crap one.

I ordered our mattress online from Glasgow Pram Centre as they are a lot cheaper than other places. I paid £30 less for a Mamas and Papas mattress than if I bought it from Mamas and Papas themselves. If you go with the idea of needing to replace the mattress later on then you are in a way wasting your friend's money. Why not tell her that you've chosen but would like to contribute to the cost as the mattress is more expensive than you planned? From a quick glance it looks like a foam cot bed mattress costs £40. The sleepsafe deluxe spring interior mattress (the one I got, which is why I'm comparing with it) costs £70. So you could pay the £30 difference.

That said, as long as the mattress is firm and 10 cm thick it should do the job and might not need replacing.

kalia said:
That said, as long as the mattress is firm and 10 cm thick it should do the job and might not need replacing.
Exactly! I had one on my sons cot that was in use for a total of 4 years and is in my loft now and still looks and feels new! I guess it just depends! (mine was a M&P and a little more expensive so I dont know if that has anything to do with it) but its kinda 50/50 that it will need replacing!

i was going to ask this exact question, i might go for a sprung mattress, they are quite reasonable in argos

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back