Cot Mattresses

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
I have just got back from John Lewis and Im a bit boggled by all the different cot mattresses on offer! I didnt realise you got a choice! There are foam ones, ventilated and unventilated and spring ones and pocket ones and all sorts!
Is there one thats best (health wise) for the baby? Cos I have absolutely no idea which one to get.
Any help would be appreciated!

We got ours from mothercare. Its cot bed size, hypoallergenic, has a removable cover that you zip off and can throw in the washing machine and the cover underneath the zip off bit is plastic so it can be wiped clean. It cost £100 and was the top of the range one when we bought it nearly 3 years ago.

Lou :)

I was thinking the same thing... We went into Corte Ingles (John Lewis Spanish style) and there were hundreds of mattresses that all promise to do weird and wonderful things for your LO... quite honestly.. I don't think it matters... what happened to just a plain cot mattress...??? :think:

Squiglet said:
I was thinking the same thing... We went into Corte Ingles (John Lewis Spanish style) and there were hundreds of mattresses that all promise to do weird and wonderful things for your LO... quite honestly.. I don't think it matters... what happened to just a plain cot mattress...??? :think:

It is really handy being able to remove the cover from Isaacs and wash it. He has never been a sicky baby but if he had been then his mattress would be still be like brand new. And when he starts going to bed with no nappies on little accidents will be easy to clean up.

We got a Mothercare spring interior matress with Coolmax. Sounds the same as the one Lou got, cover zips off etc. Think it was £115. The lady in Mothercare said the pocket sprung are a gimmick and not worth the extra money. Might be something to bear in mind.

jenni32 said:
We got a Mothercare spring interior matress with Coolmax. Sounds the same as the one Lou got, cover zips off etc. Think it was £115. The lady in Mothercare said the pocket sprung are a gimmick and not worth the extra money. Might be something to bear in mind.

I got this one in Mothercare (Spain) and it cost £90. Wonder why, you'd think they would add duty costs etc..

lou said:
Squiglet said:

It is really handy being able to remove the cover from Isaacs and wash it. He has never been a sicky baby but if he had been then his mattress would be still be like brand new. And when he starts going to bed with no nappies on little accidents will be easy to clean up.

yeah.. but a removable matterss protector for 15 quid does near on the same tho?

im using the matress that came with the cot bed..

we just got the cheapest foam one, and a matress protector

Jeds parents bought the cot bed and mattress so we didnt have to pay out for it :wink:

I got a special one with a ridge for the head to go in its meant to help breating and prevent flat head :) cant remember what the make is from the top of my head im sure someone will know?

beanie had the same one for seren afaik :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back