Maternity wardrobe essentials? (September baby)

knopk@

Reaction score
Hi ladies, wanted to ask your advice on what to buy now and what to wait for.

At the moment I have bought:
Trousers - 1 pair
Leggings - 1 pair
T-shirts - 2
Tunics/dressees - 2
Flat shoes - 2 pairs

I dontreally have flat shoes so had to go and get some, I still fit into some of my clothes ie tops but was wondering what to buy and when, I guess I will need bigger summer clothes, should I wait and buy it as I need it?

What did you find very usefull? Skirts or trousers (over or under the bump?)

Also any pointers to where to buy would be good, so far I have been to H&M, Top Shop, Next etc

Thanks a lot!

I had an October baby and I loved my maxi dresses and under bump jeans (not together obvs) x sooooo comfy! It totally depends on you though, for example I never wear leggings and never would so I didn't buy any but I love floaty dresses and skirts so I bought those :)

Oh and I got all my stuff from new look, topshop and peacocks x

I dont normally weat leggins as I dont really like them but couldnt find maternity tights when I was shopping so bought them to wear with dresses. I do like flowy dresses/skirts but probably best to wait until it's closer to summer, I am not sure I will stay size 10 for much longer.
Thanks for the pointers!

Anytime x glad to help x

I only bought maternity jeans so won't be much help sorry! I got them from next clearance shop though and they were a fiver each!
I'd say for summer maybe some maxi dresses (if it's warm enough!) definitely stock up on flat shoes, other than that I font really know what to suggest, maybe the loose kind of summer tops? That's basically what I lived in!

Sorry can't be much help, just wanted to mention next clearance as they are a lot cheaper!

I'm living in skinny maternity jeans at work!! I have got summery tops and stick a cardy over. So when I get hot or we move into june/july I'll still be able to hopefully wear same things minus the cardigans and not break the bank!! :) x

Last edited:
Asda do lovely cheap maternity stuff-I lived in my maternity leggings (over bump) and am still wearing them now to lounge about the house in lol. Personally I'd buy a few pairs of leggings and some long tops/dresses from primark or somewhere that u can mix and match-no point in payin for maternity unless u really have to x

Funnily enough I've just been trying on my Summer wardrobe. Bought quite a few maxi dresses for my honeymoon last year so I think they will come in handy in the Summer. Also currently wear alot of tunic tops with leggings at the moment so they will do. I lost 3.5 st last year and thankfully I didn't throw out much of of old clothes so will be able to wear some of those as I get bigger.

I would say the under the bump maternity jeans cant be worn throughout the whole pregnancy because when you get to a certain stage they just fall down!! Now i have a big round bump the under bump ones i bought and loved until about 25 weeks just wont stay up - and i can no longer wear a belt!

H and M have some decent stuff thats not too expensive. I dunno what ur style is but ive always followed fashion and love the latest trends - they have some maternity slacks in there atm that are very this season! xx

I would say the under the bump maternity jeans cant be worn throughout the whole pregnancy because when you get to a certain stage they just fall down!! Now i have a big round bump the under bump ones i bought and loved until about 25 weeks just wont stay up - and i can no longer wear a belt!

H and M have some decent stuff thats not too expensive. I dunno what ur style is but ive always followed fashion and love the latest trends - they have some maternity slacks in there atm that are very this season! xx

I wore my under bump mat jeans all the way through.

really?? How do you get them to stay up?? I have 3 pairs from 3 different shops and all of them just fall down! I wondered how they can sell them as maternity lol. Maybe my bump is lower? x

I've got mat jeans, jogging bottoms and combat trousers (all over bump ones because I find them more comfy than having trousers under my bump). I have 3 mat tshirts but other than that I have bought primark tshirts in a bigger size. I'm lucky being a childminder because I spend all day in slippers so don't need to worry about work clothes/shoes etc. I'm a tomboy so never wear skirts, flowery stuff etc but i'd imagine floaty dresses are very comfy :) x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back