maternity clothes

natashateale

Reaction score
Hey ladie I feel really silly for asking this but how do I know what size mat clothes to buy?
I am 12weeks with number 2 and my jean are getting abit uncomfy now so in the next few weeks I want to invest in just 1 pair of mat jeans for now but I have no idea how to shop for them ask o never hot into mat clothes with my first.
So I am in size 12 to 14 clothea normal BUT I am only 5ft. Am I going to stuggle to find jeans that dont drag on the floor lol

I am 5ft 1 and gave up looking for maternity jeans / trousers - I did post a thread and I think some stores do maternity in a shorter length (next and I think New Look)

I live in leggings, and only had to go into proper maternity (over the bump) ones yesterday! They are a size S which is what I was pre pregnancy so I suggest just going to for you normal size!

Will you be going to the actual stores or looking online?

xxxxxxxxxx

I was going to look online but I cant tell if they will fit me that way lol so I may have to go in store. I have to get most of my jeans from next anyway so I may have to look there

I think is some of the maternity jeans / trousers you can get a 28" leg..

Going to the store may not help much as they'll probaly have to order them in for you anyway?

(it very rare to find small length maternity clothes instore from what I have seen!)

xxxxxxxx

I'm 5'2" and I struggle with length - luckily I bought my mat jeans before Peacocks closed and they're a fairly good length. I've since bought 2 pairs of work trousers and 2 pairs of linens which all had to be taken up.

You'll struggle even more to get them in store I'm afraid :( It's really annoying but most of the high street stores now only do maternity online.

I would say get your pre-pregnancy size though - as they're generally the same or a little bigger with added bump space!

I'm only 5"2, and it is a pain, but look on ebay, I got some mamas and papas short leg maternity jeans for a fiver, and they've seen me all the way through, I would also say order the size you would normally wear as they're adapted for maternity anyway, I went a size bigger on some and they were too big! :eek:

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Hey ladie I feel really silly for asking this but how do I know what size mat clothes to buy?
I am 12weeks with number 2 and my jean are getting abit uncomfy now so in the next few weeks I want to invest in just 1 pair of mat jeans for now but I have no idea how to shop for them ask o never hot into mat clothes with my first.
So I am in size 12 to 14 clothea normal BUT I am only 5ft. Am I going to stuggle to find jeans that dont drag on the floor lol

I think you should look some online store, ebay and leoandbarbie both are good as per my own experience. Easy to find the short legs comfortable maternity jeans and other stuff. Go for a loose under the belly maternity jeans or a capry to get required comfort.

Been pregnant often, richard?

Been pregnant often, richard?
Maybe he just likes wearing maternity trousers... I mean you do see some men who'd probably be a lot more comfortable in them ;-)

I bought my usual size and they fit ok but at 5ft 2 I have the length problem too .. I just turn mine up ;)

Can't help sorry, not bought any maternity clothes x

Same size - and I actually had to buy a smaller size in some places. I'm a fan of the under bump jeans myself - found them much more comfortable. :)

Just go for larger size i.e 14 than your normally wear, lots of options available including on bump or under bumps jeans
that will totally depends on your personal choice. They seems to be more comfy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back