Baby clothes-is this enough??

Little Bump

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can glance over my list and tell me what I need more of please?

I have;

7 pairs of scratch mitts
1 pair of shorties
1 pair of dungarees
3 hats
5 cardigans
1 swimming costume
12 sleep suits
1 skirt
12 pairs of trousers
3 pairs of little jeans
1 pair of cords
21 vests
5 little outfits
6 pinafore dresses
4 cotton dresses
1 fleece dress
28 tops
3 bibs (but plenty of muzlin squares)
5 pairs socks
3 pairs of bootees
Coat
Snowsuit

What do I need more of or just need??

Help please?!

Oh my gosh, I have nothing compared to your little haul! I needs some shoppings!

For how long :shock: - if it's just for the first couple of months then it's TONS! Most of the little outfits we had for the first 3 months never saw the light of day because they're a faff. Same with scratch mitts - my LO wouldn't keep them on so one pair got worn once and the rest not at all. I suppose it depends if you can be bothered changing little outfits all the time, I know that sleepsuits were the most convenient for us to start off with and it's only been the last couple of months (maybe a bit more) she's wearing a bigger variety.

You'll probably find that bootees will get kicked off right away!

Oh.

Hummmm.....so I've cocked up??

Should I have just gotten loads of sleepsuits then?

I'm panicking now!

Honestly if it's for the first few weeks (say up to 12) then 12 sleepsuits is absolutely fine. They grow so fast it's not worthwhile going out and buying a ton - we had about 6 of the Next 0-1 month ones that did her up to 8 weeks if not longer and then about 5 of the 0-3 ones. On colder nights she had a sleeveless bodysuit underneath. As the weather got warmer and she got older she slept in a sleeping bag with just a long or short sleeved bodysuit as our room is fairly warm. Bear in mind you'll be washing all the time anyway so I wouldn't go out and buy more than you have.

It's totally up to you but sleepsuits saved my sanity in the first few weeks - it's only one thing to change if they're sick all over themselves instead of three and you don't have to worry about them kicking off socks etc.

Just remember how fast they grow out of them - the reason I say this is I was given sooo much of the stuff on your list as presents and most of it has now ended up on freecycle unused.

Ah I see, thanks for replying.

I varied between newborn and 0-3 months, I got a bit drawn in by the 'pretties' I guess....

Oh well, it looks cute all washed and folded lol

Hehe I remember it well... I ironed them too :lol: Naturally they haven't seen an iron since :rotfl:

I used to iron (or my cleaner did) muslins!!! Not anymore - waste of anyone's time, plus I have quite enough to keep the cleaner occupied :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My baby was small (2.9 kilos) but she was very long so most of the newborn stuff was too short for her as she wouldn't have been able to stretch her legs. If you are still keen to do more shopping, I would start buying 3 - 6 months.

Good luck :hug:

remember you'll get hundreds of clothes as pressies too, so ask people to buy bigger sizes.

If you are bottlefeeding get a couple of thousand bibs too!

Evie had too many clothes for the first 3 months! Now she is outgrowing the 0-3 month sttuff and we're moving into the 3-6 month stuff that people bought us as pressies.

:lol: I can't wait another few months til I get to go and buy baby clothes again :D

I'd say get some more bibs love :) if you have a dribbley baby then you are gonna go through several bibs a day ;) xxxx

i have tons of stuff, i mean really, 5 drawers and a wardrobe full so far but skint at the moment so probably just as well i got what i did when i did.
I wouldnt worry about it if you find you need something you dont have it will probably be bought for you as a pressie anyway.

I was a sod for pretty stuff too. I was told not to buy too many clothes, so i didn't in newborn. Even though she was 8lb 3oz she was dinky, so was in newborn for a month. I got given no end of clothes in 0-3 and 3-6 but no newborn so i just dressed her in sleepsuits, but she look like a proper baby in them. But also if i wanted her in an outfit i had to dress her in something new. I'd take the tag off, dress her in it once then she'd never wear it again, coz i had to test out all the new clothes! Lol. I can't control my clothes habit even now! I was never this bad with myself and clothes! Lol

Blimey thats masses :shock: :lol: If that is for newborn and 0-3 then I'd say you won't use a fraction of it.

I'd go with about a 1/4 of that for 0-3 months :lol:

Seriously, my LO lived in sleepsuits in the early weeks. Much easier than faffing putting on outfits and so on. Also saved a shedload of laundry and so on. Anything for an easier time in the first couple of months.

I think I had something like 3 pairs of trousers, a few tops, about 8 sleepsuits and bodysuits, one cardi (never worn) one jacket (never worn) and 5 pairs of socks. Even the trousers and tops he only wore a few times.

You really won't use 12 pairs of trousers and 3 pairs of jeans. I'd always suggest just getting a couple of pairs and then buying more if you need them later. Also the same with dresses. Your baby is due soon and tbh the weather isn't really great for dresses anymore. Also don't forget in the first month newborns need an extra layer of clothing to help body temp. And babies don't need shoes or bootees until walking. Better to let their feet be left free where possible.

Also some babies don't keep mits on for more than a few seconds. Some never need to wear them. I never used them on my LO.

I'd maybe look to taking some stuff back and swapping it for 3-6 months or older if you can, so you'll get some wear out of them :)

Wow :shock: thats a lot :D

We had, 3 tiny baby sleepsuits, 3 newborn sleepsuits, and 5 vests in each of those sizes too plus a couple of unisex romper suits and some socks, hats, mits and one cardigan. Min you, we didn't know the sex of LO so couldn't really buy much.

I had a very neat bump so we weren't expecting a 9lb 8 baby so OH was sent to tesco the day after he was born to buy some 0-3 sleepsuits and vests, 6 weeks on he is in 3-6 months (has been since 4 weeks) We never used a majority of the newborn stuff and didn't even touch the tiny baby stuff.

You look like you have more than enough but maybe a pack of 3-6 month sleepsuits just in case, they'll get used eventually anyway. Sleepsuits are the wasy to go to begin with, babies look so uncomfy in jeans etc- I only use them to take pics and then he's stripped off and back in his sleepsuits/ rompers :lol:

Alex xxx

It sounds like you have loads, plus when your little one arrives you will have the postman knocking at the door every day for about 2 or 3 weeks with gifts (more cloths for the baby). They grow out of their clothes so quickly so they probably won't get to wear half of it. Perhaps see if you can take some of it back and like Sherlock said exchange it for things in a bigger size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back