Maternity Leave

Rhino Horn

Reaction score
When are you lovely ladies planning on going on maternity leave?

I'm thinking around 36 weeks or so - mid October. It's not really an educated guess, just thought 4 weeks before due date is about right.

Advice welcome - should I try and work longer, or give up sooner? I know it's a long way off and health etc may get in the way but it's nice to have a date in mind - I'm already on a leaving work countdown :dance:

i'm doin the same as you leaving when i am 36 weeks. i'm talking 4 weeks holiday first then my actual mat leave wont start until my due date.
i'm on countdown now 5 weeks to go wwooohhhooo!!!!

I was thinking about 4 weeks before aswell- although i may try and work a little longer so that i have more time off with bubs after.... hmm xx

I think I will have had enough of working by the time I get to 36 weeks. I have to commute from Brighton to Croydon every day on the train which involves about 30 mins walking to and from train stations. It's not a bad commute (1hour 10 mins door to door) but it can be tiring... especially as I imagine I'll be wee-ing 5 times a night by that point too!

I'm going earlier this time at 33 weeks cos lacey starts school in September so it'll be easier with taking her with the half days they do! Last time I went at 36 weeks but it all depends on how your feeling! You might be able to cope longer or will have to stop sooner

I think I will have had enough of working by the time I get to 36 weeks. I have to commute from Brighton to Croydon every day on the train which involves about 30 mins walking to and from train stations. It's not a bad commute (1hour 10 mins door to door) but it can be tiring... especially as I imagine I'll be wee-ing 5 times a night by that point too!

I work in Croydon too! :)
What job do you do?

im full time how many weeks do you get of that is paid?
I hope to go at 35 weeks but im not sure i can as my job is very physical and im exhausted allready!!

im looking at going at end of october, il have 2 weeks leave left and then only taking 2 weeks off b4 babys born, or thats what im hoping to do :)

isobel84 do you work for local authority home or private? if its LA and you have been employed there over a year when you start your leave, u can have up to a year but only get paid for 33 weeks, not sure for private homes

xxxx

What job do you do?

I work for RBS Insurance opposite the Croydon Council building. How about you?

Tomorow if i could!! lol im going a little bit earlier than i liked too but for health reasons ill be starting leave at around 30 weeks x

What job do you do?

I work for RBS Insurance opposite the Croydon Council building. How about you?

I teach in a Croydon school.

I will leave september as I work in a school, it will be about 6 weeks before due date, but best for cover as Im 1:1 for them to start a new school year with a new carer xx

I was also planning on working till 4 weeks before but I'm on my feet all day at work and with the weather getting hotter and me getting bigger I'm finishing up at 8 weeks before (with the first 2 weeks as holiday). Decided this was best as maternity pay is based on an average from your last so many (I forget exactly how many) weeks and if I carry on at work I'll have to be doing less hours and therefore get less maternity pay!

I have 2 weeks holidays left so i'll be starting mine at 34 weeks...can't friggin wait!!!

Im not taking any! Im self-employed now so don't qualify for maternity pay; am waiting to see if they will award me maternity allowance. Im going to carry on working through, I work from home so aside from the first few weeks when I will get some assistance from my mum and sister (who I am business with) I will continue to do what I have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back