Maternity Leave

I also am very very lucky that I get 52 weeks of full pay whilst on maternity. I'll be due to come back to work, July next year, but will then have another 5 weeks leave to take plus the bank holidays that I can take back.

OMG - that's amazing! Have you got any jobs going for an events organiser?? :)

I've got to let my employer know exactly when I'm finishing and when I'll be back by the end of July and we're still unsure as to what we can afford for me to take. We both want me to have as long as possible off as I'll have to go back full time which will absolutely break my heart but we just can't afford for me not to work full time.

Regardless of how long I take off, I think I'll finish at the end of October so only 2 weeks before my due date. Hopefully I'll still be abale to manage to waddle round (and reach my keyboard over my bump!) at that stage.

I only realised last night that I'll have to tell work when I plan to go on leave after I get back from hols in 2 weeks!! Oops! Havent really thought about it until now. I will probably go end august/beginning september but I've got some holiday to take aswell so it'll be mid august. Plus I've got a week to go away in just over a week!! And I've booked a week off at the end of july when my parents are visiting. So not much working time really! x

I just got my leave sorted yesterday, not sure of the exact date I finish yet tho, planning if health goes well to finish 2/3 weeks before due date and I get 9 months on full pay - got offered a further 2 months on no pay but declined it, plus I have about 2 months worth of leave to take by that point so i'll be getting 11 months cant wait.

With my first I went off 2 wks before and only got 6 months at half pay, as I had been working there for less than 12 months and wasn't entitled to full pay.

Last edited:
£800 a month childcare and a £1200 mortgage and you only work till 3pm, wow!

I know, it was a real struggle for the those two years that we paid such high child care fees.

Unfortunately, thats the downfall to living in Guernsey, its expensive!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back