• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maternity dress for family funeral - Any ideas or help please

beanster

Reaction score
Had a bad week last week. My Nana died, not expected but after a fall and a chest infection. Managed to get to the hopspital about an hour before she passed away so I did manage to say goodbye at least.
I have been asked to do a reading at the funeral next week, would like to try to do it for her but am a bit worried about it.
I need to find something to wear, doesn't have to be black necessarily or a dress but all I can find on websites etc are either heavier black dresses or very light/ patterned summery dresses/ tops etc which aren't really appropriate. Does anyone know where I might be able to find more formal outfits?

I'm sorry to hear abou.t your nan :-(

Mamas and papas do quite a nice long sleeved black maternity dress which is quite smart.

I hope you manage to do the reading x

Sorry about your nan!
I have no idea about the outfit though. I am sure you will find something lovely! xxx

oh hun sorry to hear that.

to be honest i gave up trying to find maternity clothes as there arent many around i just got normal in a size bigger. might be worth ago. hope you find something. xxx

So sorry about your nan hun - I do hope you are OK.

As for a dress I have this one http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Mater...200=4&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black which is a fab dress and can be warn for any occasion (I am a black wearer tho!) I dressed it up with some bangles and a stretchy black belt with a gold buckle and some wedges. Made me feel fab as everyone said how nice I looked - it's very light as made from cheesecloth material so will see you thru the summer (If we have one!)

They are true sizes by the way! so order your pre pregnancy size - I ordered mine around your stage and ordered the next size up as I wanted to be able to wear it at the end of pregnancy - it's still too big for me lol

I hope everything goes well at the funeral xx

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear about your nan hun :hugs:

I don't have any advice on the appropiate outfit though as I've just been wearing maternity jeans and tops throughout.

Hope you're ok. x

Hey there, Sorry to hear about your loss. I too am going to a funeral this week, my best friends mum has just passed away. It's very sad.

I already had a black dress but I got it
From Isabella Oliver. The stuff there is gorgeous, a little pricey but you can wear it afterwards as well. Hope this helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back