Would you dress a baby in black for a funeral?

Rayoflight

Reaction score
Bit of a weird one but wanted to see what you other mums thought.

Me and my sister were going to get our inlaws to mind the babies when we go to Grandad's funeral on Monday. My nana insists that she wants them there though and we don't need to get babysitters.

Do we dress them in black? I've never seen a baby at a funeral before. Is it weird to dress them in black?

I really don't know the answer to this so any comments appreciated.

I have never thought of that! Now that you have asked though, if it was a funeral where I would be wearing black, I probably would put LO in black too, my friends funeral her mum and dad wanted everyone in bright colours, so obviously that was different you know? x

Hmm I can't imagine a baby wearing black! To me it seems quite sinister to put a baby in black :S
Have you got anything in like a dark grey instead?

To be honest chick it's really down to you, I don't think anyone would think it was disrespectful if you didn't. Thinking about it I don't think I've even seen black baby clothes! Maybe you could just dress him in something quite plain and muted, like a pair of dark jeans and a shirt? Sorry can't be much help x

I personally wouldn't put a baby in black, I would just make sure they looked smart without being too showy iykwim?

Yeah maybe a shirt and trousers but maybe you should ask your nan as she might want them to be in bright colours!

Good point, I'll see what nana says.

My sister's little girl has a black polo neck dress which she's going to put with grey tights.

I've got a black Cardigan I can put over a White shirt and a thick grey coat. Think that will do.

personally i wouldnt. a baby is "life" iykwim?

i'd feel odd dressing eva in black.

anyway, since your nana wants the baby there, it might mean that she wants some joy at the funeral - people fussing over the baby etc?

Thanks for the replies ladies. I'm going to dress him in smart pants and a shirt. He looks mega cute like that.

Met the vicar today and said "oh my god!" twice and when Blake projectile puked I went "jeeeeeeeesus Blake!". If looks could kill, my nana would've got me there and then! Whoops...

I think dressing him in something smart will be perfect. And sorry but I did :rofl: at your last post!

Me too am in bed giggling at that! I sat with my nephew at a christening when he was little and he just sat there saying Jesus Christ and oh my god all the way through, I nearly wet myself laughing, the other people didn't find it so funny though!!

No I wouldn't :) and :lol: at meeting the vicar!

Omg I'm religious but that made me
Lol so hard! Haha!! I dress Chloe in black all the time think she looks so cute x

Hi there, sorry to hear about your loss.
I wouldn't dress a baby in black and I dont think anyone would expect you to. I'm sure people will appreciate having a cute little baby around to life everyone's spirits on the day.

Forgot to mention the vicar held him at one point and I'm not kidding he did the biggest, longest, noisiest fart and then just as we thought it had finished he proper filled his nappy in the vicar's arms!

Luckily he laughed but again, Nana was so embarrassed! I just KNOW he's going to do it in church with those awesome acoustics. Oh well, my grandad would appreciate it I'm sure!

Thanks for all your replies on this girls. PF rules x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back