Maternity Clothes

First Baby White

Reaction score
Hello all,
Hope you are all blooming :)
I was just wondering what your experience has been on buying maternity clothes?
Where is best in your opinions on cost, selection, fashion etc!!
I feel like i will need to start looking shortly :)
Thanks everyone

i have been getting a lot off ebay which is probably the best in terms of cost effectivness, but can be a bit pot luck. I will also get some from Next as i got vouchers for them for christmas.

A ggod book i have been using is "How to have a Baby on Ebay",
it gives you a list of all the places you can go (for everything not just clothes) and the approximate price range. very good book.

sandi

I bought a pair of meternity jeans from dorothy perkins, and i hate them! I just cant seem to wear under the bump type jeans, and they just fall down :(

I bought my first pair of jeans today from blooming marvelous. They were in the sale for £11.99! Brilliant.

My current jeans are all getting a little tight around the waist, really uncomfortable, and I wear jeans almost all the time outside of work. I got ones with elastict in the pockets becuse they seem better for smaller bumps, I'll prob have to get some of the ones with the big bad later on! :shock:

Alex x

Get yourself out in the sales there are loads of bargains to be had.
Last week I bought 2 maternity tops one from Peacocks £2 and one from New Look for £3. I have maternity trousers from Dorothy Perkins and Maternity jeans which i hate from Mothercare.

missjennipenni said:
I bought a pair of meternity jeans from dorothy perkins, and i hate them! I just cant seem to wear under the bump type jeans, and they just fall down :(

underbump I found were only good up till about 20ish weeks. Once you have right bump they are hopeles but are good for after the baby comes when you have a bit of a tummy but no bump.

Over bump jeans are great, the big panel makes them look a bit daft but once you have them on and something covering the panel they are the comfiest things you will ever wear.

Sandi4Paul said:
i have been getting a lot off ebay which is probably the best in terms of cost effectivness, but can be a bit pot luck.

sandi

I bought a fews things off ebay which were great and a few which didnt fit well but I will just relist them. Ebay is good for unusual things and I love purple so got a few purple things. Its hard to go out mat clothes shopping in the shops, they never seem to have the right sizes.

There aren't any shops near me which stock maternity clothes, even the mothercare near me only stocks bras.
I got a pair of maternity jeans from a different Mothercare store but they keep falling down, even though i've got a bump.
I've just ordered some trousers from Dorothy Perkins as I need some other bottoms to wear as I no longer fit into my normal clothes :(
May just end up in jogging bottoms. Lol.

ive got mine from next and littlewoods for jeans and newlook for tops.
ive got under bump jeans which are fine untill you sit down and now i find they dig into me, have to put up with it though as not buying more at this stadge.
manda xx

I bought a couple pairs of early term jeans from mothercare for £20 each and I love them.
They are really comfy, should last me all the way through (the elastic bit you tighten is still on a tight setting at the moment) and I should be able to wear them for a bit post birth :D

I brought lots of mat jeans and now they're getting too small... :shock: how can you grow out of mat jeans?! Its my big elephant bum :rotfl:

I brought a couple of pairs of jeans from Newlook which are lovely but too long :wall:

Mum brought me a bundle of Maternity clothes from ebay which are fab! They included 4 pairs of next jeans - all different cut, ie. bootcut, skinny, regular etc. I love these. The tops were from Dotty P.

I also went to the sales and brought 2 pairs of pink tracksuit bottoms which will fit all the way through. they are pink and gorgeous! I got 2 hoodies in mahusive size to go with them too for when Im indoors and want to be comfy. I find I live in my PJ's too, the builders across the road & the postman think I never get dressed :oops:

I think if you can, go shoping and try all the jeans on that you can. When you find a good pair buy 2 or 3 of them! Ive found everyone finds different jeans comfy etc I love under bump whereas other hate them, same goes for different brands. Also when you have found something you like in shops have a look on ebay for them.

x

muppetmummy said:
I bought a couple pairs of early term jeans from mothercare for £20 each and I love them.
They are really comfy, should last me all the way through (the elastic bit you tighten is still on a tight setting at the moment) and I should be able to wear them for a bit post birth :D

OMG I LOVE YOU! I am so dumb. I didn't know the mothercare jeans could be tightened!!!! No one told me!!!! I had seen the button and couldn't work out why it was there!!! You've just saved me from walking round holding my trousers up!!!!!

I was walking around wearing mine for several days before I found the tightening elastic, mine were falling down too before! :lol:

new looks bloom range is a god send 2 me, try it hun, cheaper than ebay alot of the time

I brought most of my bits from ebay or next, plus i still had some bits from my last pregnancy :D

New Look and Mothercare. I wouldn't recommend spending lots. If you think of the size of a 17 week, 27 week and 37 week pregnant woman those are very different sizes! I have out grown my first maternity trousers and I'm buying more now. But I only bought 1 pair of trousers and wore them almost every day for about 10 weeks and they were only £18 from New Look so I got my moneys worth :rotfl: And remember you will still need big clothes after baby is born - I think I read somewhere that after the birth you are the size you were at 4 or 5 months.
I've got a bump band and I thought it was rubbish to begin with - around 16 weeks. But now that I have no waist whatsoever it is fantastic! It covers gaps that may occur between trousers and t shirts and keeps my belly warm as my winter coat doesn't close any more :D And it stays in place now that I'm bigger. I've bought stuff on ebay but I would say you get better bargains (that you can try on too!) in New Look.

All my best stuff came from Ebay or New Look. Cheap too!

And I agree about maternity jeans, NO CHANCE of them ever fitting, or work trousers for that matter. I look really funny walking round pulling my trousers up all day at school.

I haven't got much at all :(

I don't know where to buy from or what size to get as pretty much as soon as I got pregnant I put weight on literally all over so I don't think new look stuff etc would fit :(

I bought more thongs the other day in a size 22 from Tesco... it's the bggest size they have so I don't know what i'll do when I grow out of these

I was a curvy 16 before but I dont think any clothes fit me anymore... I bought a size 18 stretchy skirt from Matalan for £10 which has loads of stretch left and a pair of trousers from mothercare which I will soon have outgrown :cry:

Any advice ??

andreaaa said:
I haven't got much at all :(

I don't know where to buy from or what size to get as pretty much as soon as I got pregnant I put weight on literally all over so I don't think new look stuff etc would fit :(

I bought more thongs the other day in a size 22 from Tesco... it's the bggest size they have so I don't know what i'll do when I grow out of these

I was a curvy 16 before but I dont think any clothes fit me anymore... I bought a size 18 stretchy skirt from Matalan for £10 which has loads of stretch left and a pair of trousers from mothercare which I will soon have outgrown :cry:

Any advice ??

:hug: :hug:

how about these hun

http://www.plussizematernitywear.co.uk/

I think these do up to a size 20:

http://www.vertbaudet.co.uk/childrens/M ... mCatId=781

and here...Im lovin the zebra print top :D
http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store ... d=-1&top=Y

they all have sale on honey so grab yourself a bargain
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online