Maternity clothes (and a rant - sorry)

Thanks luv - that's exactly what I thought yesterday. I'll just buy some staples like the leggings etc and then I'm gonna do charity shops for big baggy clothes and other cheaper shops too.

Thanks ladies! :)

I'm 29 weeks & have decided to ditch trousers altogether now! I was a size 10/12 before & am now a 12/14 maternity. I've just bought 2 long skirts & 2 dresses from new look online, they have the best maternity range. I hate under bump stuff, so uncomfortable & so difficult to find anything decent over bump.....other than skirts, leggings & dresses x

I got myself some nice white skinnies today from mothercare. In the sale for £15! I'm scared to wear them as only 10+5. Don't want to jinx anything but I can't do my trousers up so hardly have any clothes!!
I have ordered some waist extenders from eBay so I can still wear my normal trousers and jeans..... Will see what they are like when they arrive!!! X

I agree with leggings I found the pregnancy ones shapeless so bought some from ebay new at £2.49 each bigger than I normally wear. (I am size 18 normally but in 20/22 now). I got 2 tunic tops from george whch are comfy and summery. I hate it that all the high street shops have their maternity clothes online. I like to try things on and look at the quality. I didn't buy over the bump jeans as never found any in my size and glad now as wouldn't wear them in this heat,

Okay, so I'm only 7+5 weeks but I'm already struggling to fit into my clothes (mostly due to putting weight on and bloating).

I have been to Sainsburys and Tesco recently just to see if they have any cheap baggy clothes, but last night in Tesco I tried on loads of clothes along with trousers that were size 20/22 and none of them would even do up around my belly. Needless to say I burst into tears and had a cry in the changing room.

I spoke to my midwife friend and she said it's time to buy some maternity clothes. I feel silly buying them so soon though as I don't even have a bump yet, but has anyone else started to get some?

Also, I have no idea where to get them from. I know shops like Dorothy Perkins and New Look used to do them, but I remember when my sister was pregnant she couldn't find any as loads of shops had stopped doing them.

So any ideas would be much appreciated.

Feeling really down and upset with myself along with feeling like a beached whale. I've never been skinny but I could usually control my weight (I'm 6ft tall so pull it off okay) and I feel like I've let my body down. I've always had a problem with my body and my image (not being the perfect model shape) and I wish I was either slimmer or had a real bump! :-(

Hate all these media pictures of pregnant women with slim arms and skinny bodies and just a bump at the front. Makes me feel like an elephant. :mad:

Anyway - rant over. I feel like this :wall2:

Apologies. So...maternity clothes...

aww :( this is sad. i can relate to crying in changing rooms! i do hope you're okay. i think your best bet might be to look online, try and get some bargains on ebay, or maybe have a look on asos as they have a good range. im a size 12 but am reaaaally bloated at the moment. my stomach is horrendous and i feel self conscious like everyone will just think im fat for 9 months! im only 9 weeks to be fair but yeah i know what you mean. silly thing is i bet you look perfectly lovely.. us girls are just mean to ourselves arent we. xxx

The next sale started today, i got a few maternity clothes online :) x

I wore maternity clothes from 8/9 weeks with my son. I got some maternity jeans and tshirt a in New Look (my son is 16 months so its about 2 years ago I bought them... Scary!). Have a look online and see if it tells you which stores near you sell them so you can try some on :)

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back