maternity bras

Discussion in 'Discounts, Deals & Freebies' started by soconfused, May 6, 2005.

1. soconfused

soconfused Well-Known Member

im about to buy my first maternity bra, but from browsing on the net and looking in various shops i cant seem to find anything suitable at all. i know they are more of a practical thing rather than a fashion show but with me being 19 yrs old i dont want anything thats going to be too frumpy, if you get what i mean? anyonw got any ideas?

2. Lisa J

Lisa J Well-Known Member

i went to marks and spencer to get mine they are soo comfy ad depending on what you wear you can hide them i am only 19 so i know what you mean but it is important to get good fitting comfy bras!
    hope this helps
    xxxxxxxx

3. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

Hi,

I just got mine in M & S too. There was only one kind which was annoying and it came in a double pack in which one was white- I don't do white bras! Basically I dyed the white one with some burgandy washing machine dye and the body is a deep burgandy and the straps and fastener are a matching pink because of the way the material has take the dye- it looks much better! They are quite plain though and apart from the fact that they're not underwired and the straps are nice and wide they don't look any different than a sports bra style and wow are they comfy! I haven't actually gone up a cup size yet but my previous bra was uncomfortable- I think the maternity bras might be slightly more generous on the cup size anyway, they certainly have more room round the sides.

+++

4. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

That's where my boobs have seemed to increased, they are definately fuller round the sides. I checked out Mothercare but their bras seemed really expensive, I do need one though as gel filled wonderbras are not good, and at the moment I've been wearing a tight vest pulled up under my boobs like a crop top as normal bras hurt. I've definately gone up a cup size.

5. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

The M & S ones were 2 for £20 which isn't that bad I suppose. The lady in the fitting room said I'd need to come back for a new one in about 3 months time! My Mum came bra shopping too and said not to worry about only having these ones for a few months as they'll be good again when they shrink back down again afterwards. She said she ended up having to have a bra to sleep in too towards the end. I was a DD before I got pregnant so god knows what I'll end up as! Might need scaffolding!

+++