maternity bras

Becs

Reaction score
Just wondered when you are supposed to start wearing them. I had assumed it was when the bump was growing but I'm not sure. Also does anyone know why underwired bras are problematic, something to do with digging in?

Got up to go to the loo last night and my breasts were so sore I literally had to carry them. :lol:

Becs

go to mothercare at 12 weeks and get measured for a support bra.

If you son't you risk having to tuck your tits in your knickers at 40 years old

pmsl. In case I didn't have an incentive, I've got one now :rotfl:

ive still got the ones from my 1st pregnancy and im waering them now as i find they r alot more comfprtable and make my boobs less sore

my boobs aint to big do i still need them as ive just been buying bigger sizes
manda xx

You should avoid underwired bras as they can block the milk ducts. I think you're meant to start with the non wired ones asap as the milk ducts start developing very early on....

Thanks Sunny Day, that makes sense.

budge said:
If you son't you risk having to tuck your tits in your knickers at 40 years old

A risk, my god i think im already there!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

sunnyday said:
You should avoid underwired bras as they can block the milk ducts. I think you're meant to start with the non wired ones asap as the milk ducts start developing very early on....

what does that mean? sorry im really thick i thought milkducts were in your nipples?? so why would an underweird bra affect them?
manda xx

I bought a couple in the begining but as you said I used to have to carry my boobs everywhere with me as they were just so heavy. I didn't find that they did me any good, and just bought more sensible bras in a bigger size.

I am going out this week to get measured for some new ones now as I am starting to have problems with the underwire.

My advice to you would be to wear what ever you feel comfortable in and don't spend too much as you will find that you will need new bras quiet often. xxx

go to M&S and get the nice ladies to measure you- they do a 2 pack for £20 and they are so comfy and help stop the throbbing.

I used to have to hold mine like prize fruit when I went up and down stairs :oops:

manda224 said:
sunnyday said:

what does that mean? sorry im really thick i thought milkducts were in your nipples?? so why would an underweird bra affect them?
manda xx

Found this - hope it helps...

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/i ... braexpert/

i got 3 sport bras from primark for bedtime. have a maternity bra for daytime too. my boobs have been much less painful since i started

I have the midwife this afternoon so was going to ask about this. Maybe a trip to marks and sparks is needed after! Oh well guess it is an excuse to go shopping!

I had to get my maternity bras at 5 weeks because my boobs were so sore in my normal ones.
I have to my boobs around when im not wearing it lol. :rotfl:

sunnyday said:
manda224 said:
sunnyday said:

manda xx

Found this - hope it helps...

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/i ... braexpert/

thanks so much bit clearer now :) looks like il have to get a couple then
thaks
manda xx

i got my maternity bra out a few weeks back as my boobs were so sore n bigger,,thank gowd i did..they feel so much better..till i take bra off!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back