Maternity bras?

babyjay1

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just wondered if anyone's wearing maternity bras, i'm actually still in my normal underwired padded bras which are tiny :oops: Really got to go shopping but all the maternity bras aren't padded at all and i don't normally like those type. Is it safe to wear underwired still? I heard it stops the milk flow to your breasts.

thats wat i heard as well.. but seen as i was a 38G! i dont think they'll have my size :rotfl:

mind u.. i went in mothercare the other day.. they had a 38 g.. but it looked as if it was a 32a on me :shock:

Really not good at all to be wearing underwired still hun. I had to change my bras aswell. I like the padded underwires aswell, because I dont like my nipples showing :oops: lol

Im wearing a sports bra from primark... it only cost 4 quid and its so comfy :D

yeah its not at all good for the milk flow, not a good idea to still be wearing them if your going to breast feed.

Thanks hun, that's it then definitely have to buy some new ones :)

I am really naughty and wear underwires still :oops: (Don't tell Budge!)

I asked a midwife about it and she said its fine as long as its a well fitting bra and that wearing non wired is relatively new advice so for decades women were wearing underwires and breastfeeding successfully. I´am wearing a 32G/34F at the moment and cannot get a supportive non wired bra though I will have to when breastfeeding. There is a range from Miriam Stoppard that has underwires in Debenhams, not sure if they have padding but I'm sure you'll find you wont need it soon anyway :lol:

I know what you mean though, I cant wait to wear my underwires again. :D

I'm always cold so not having any padding can be quite embarassing :oops:

I put maternity breast pads in my bras so you cant see my nipples :oops: ...it does work hehe :D

skatty said:
I am really naughty and wear underwires still :oops: (Don't tell Budge!)

I asked a midwife about it and she said its fine as long as its a well fitting bra and that wearing non wired is relatively new advice so for decades women were wearing underwires and breastfeeding successfully. I´am wearing a 32G/34F at the moment and cannot get a supportive non wired bra though I will have to when breastfeeding. There is a range from Miriam Stoppard that has underwires in Debenhams, not sure if they have padding but I'm sure you'll find you wont need it soon anyway :lol:

mmmmmmmm got you! Underwires are a no no!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

its so important ladies to buy a good fitting bra ANYTIME but especially around 20 weeks pregnant. It can affect your milk flow for one and lack of correct support can result in droopy tits in later life. I worked in a nursing home and let me tell you i could tell the ladies who wore decent bras cos the ones who didn't tucked theirs i their knickers! I kid you not.

Now it doesn't have to cost a lot. Go to mothercare and get fitted then tell the assistant you don't like any of the bras and go to good old asdaor tesco and get a cheap (but correctly fitted) sports bra or suppost bra.
You will notice the difference straight away trust me. Your posture will improve and thus you will find you are less achey and painy.

the nest time you are looking at some silly unnecessary item for the baby think of your tits instead. Spend the money on them. They are the only set of tits you will have

:rotfl: Will definitely start to look after my boobs now, breast pads are a good idea :lol:

Yes Baby Jay, you dont want spaniels ears a few years down the line!

You will be proud of me Budge, I had my first fitting at 8 weeks (had gone up a back and cup size) and another at 16 weeks (and had gone up another back size!) so im on the ball when it comes to supporting my funbags :rotfl:

May go back again at about 28 weeks just to be on safe side, saggy tits ewwwwwwww no thanks lol

good girl jade :D

remeber at around 36 weeks you need to go and get fitted for a nursing bra too chicken. :hug:

if you go on topshop they have some pretty pink polka dot ones gorgeous with nice straps for £14
B

Yes I have the date in my diary, 3 weeks before my EDD im off to get them sorted :D

Or try sports bras - apparantly there are very good for wearing at night too.

Don't know about you girls, but when I turn over in bed my 34DD's follow behind about 30 seconds after the rest of my body!!!!

im realyl concerned as to were im going to buy my maternity bras.

pre pregnancy marks and sparks measured me at 36J

but i have been buying a 38F/G as i find it more comfy.

were the heck am i gonna buy a bra now?!

Google it hun, im sure there is some where on the net that sells maternity bras for big breasted ladies :D

You can also get measured in mothercare hun.

I find with mothercare and marks and spencer bras that I always have to buy the bigger size, dont know what it is about their bras, think they make them smaller :?

Im happy in my 4 quid primark sports bras at the moment lol :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back