Maternity Bras

Lynds77

Reaction score
I have been having a look on the Next website at Maternity bras. What is the difference to them and normal bras?

my boobs are really sore just now and when i walk I have to walk slow so that my boobs dont jiggle and hurt.

there are also sleep bras on that website, and none of them are nursing.

are these bras something we need to get?

Yes they apparently make a difference. I bought some new bras, not maternity - just bigger and have grown out of them in a week so think it is worth get a fitting and buying a proper one. Also, maternity bras do not have underwire. Underwire apparently restricts the milk ducts from growing - hope that's right :) xx

It's worth getting properly fitted rather than buying online, by 8 weeks I had gone from a 34C to a 34DD and I'm going back for a fitting in a couple of weeks!
I chose non underwired as if they have wire you must make sure they fit properly as if they ride up onto your breast they can block your milk ducts.
Maternity bras usually have thicker straps and cover more of your breast, giving you better support. I made the mistake of not doing this until much later with my first pregnancy and it wasn't good :(
I also have some sleep bras as its too uncomfortable at the moment to go without. Having said that if you have a comfy sports bra you could sleep in that instead.x

thanks, think i will head to town on my day off and get fitted properly. anything to ease the pain! x

My boobs were agonisingly sore until I started wearing maternity bras. They are a godsend!
They don't have underwiring - which can be bad for u during pregnancy, and they are so much more comfortable and supportive.
I got a selection of maternity, nursing and sleep bras and although my boobs are still quite tender, they're not nearly as sore as they were. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi Where did you go to buy your bra's? didnt know under wire was bad thats all I wear :shock:

I bought mine in mothercare.
You can also get them in next x

Where measure you which sel maternity bras? i need to get measured as i know my bras are not fitting properly i have 4 boobs! ive prob gone up a size from 34DD to 34E!

I went to M&S and got measured, bought a couple from there and the others from Mothercare.

Apparently ribs will start to expand and so will have to go up to 36 probs, but hoping cup size doesn't increase by any more!

Are the overly expensive?

Yeah 36 would be acceptabe lol! i dont mind having bigger boobs! ive always had big boobs even at my thinnest, my OH loves it!

I got measured in mothercare.
I've gone from a 32D to a 36DD and I'm only 12 weeks lol.
No wonder my back has been hurting lol.

I have been having a look on the Next website at Maternity bras. What is the difference to them and normal bras?

my boobs are really sore just now and when i walk I have to walk slow so that my boobs dont jiggle and hurt.

there are also sleep bras on that website, and none of them are nursing.

are these bras something we need to get?

Your recommended to wear a non wired bra.. I read that somewhere! I got mines from BHS, get measured and properly fitted. it felt like heaven wearing them as my BB's was so sore! even though Ive MC I love my mat bra... best buy defo :)

Are the overly expensive?

Yeah 36 would be acceptabe lol! i dont mind having bigger boobs! ive always had big boobs even at my thinnest, my OH loves it!

I think the two I got from mothercare - one black and one white lacy in a pack were about £25? But got sleep ones at same time so can't remember exactly, I just know total came to £53!!:shock:

I will have to invest in one, i currently just wear my normal t-shirt bras but obviously there underwired. Ill have to take a trip to Leeds to do some shopping!

I am dying to buy some maternity jeans but i went to Next the other week and the size 10 was far too big but the 8 was too tight on my fat ass! so i may need to wait till i have a bump! just hate wearing leggings all the time...

My own jeans still fit but when i fasten them i feel uncomfortable and feel like im squashing peanut :(

I'm the same with jeans! I can button mine under my belly but sitting down can be uncomfortable!
I tried on maternity jeans and they just don't quite fit properly yet so I'm in a limbo until my belly grows! X

yeah it's sitting down! because my job means sitting down for 8 ours a day its not good :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back