Maternity Allowance

Eek! I'm so happy for you getting the full amount. I think I posted a day after you so fingers crossed I get a letter this week :) I'm not sure why the others haven't come back, the 3 returned were from one job and proper sealed payslips whereas the ones which haven't come back are just printed on a5 paper so maybe they missed them when sorting through xx

Quick question re: maternity allowance... does anyone know the latest I can claim?
I have no ink for my printer and thought it'd be quicker to get the forms sent out from the Jobcentre. 2 weeks later, no forms, I call them and they haven't even been sent out. Grrr! I should now get them mid next week, and will probably take me ages to fill it all out. I don't want to miss out on anything

I'm not 100% but I'm sure I read it can be back dated by a few weeks if you don't claim in time?
I don't think you can claim until you're 26 weeks anyway and they're pretty quick at getting back to you with an answer, it was less than two weeks before I got my award letter :) so I wouldn't worry too much :) xx

It depends on when you want it to start, think they can backdate it by a month. My forms took just over two weeks to come back to me with my entitlement xx

Oooh you've had your forms back now? Hope you got what you were hoping for :) xx

Yeah mine arrived on Wednesday, and I got the full amount. I filled in the dates I wanted it to start so I get £99.70 for 2/5 to 5/5, then £558.32 every 4 weeks from 2nd June :) Feels good to know when my money will go in xx

Oooh that's fab news :)
I've got to send the final bit off when I've finished work and confirm when I want payments to start. Only 8 days left at work now! Xx

I have just 8 days left too :) just these next 2 weeks to get through, so glad of the bank holidays next Friday and Monday as work is closed! xx

Same :) I didn't want to go this early originally, but I'm so ready for it now! Looking forward to spending some proper time with Oscar before baby comes :) xxx

I am so ready to go off too and I'm a week behind you. I'm still in so much pain daily and I'm looking forward to not having to go out at 7pm mon to fri and put the boys to bed and chill out with hubby xx

Quick question re: maternity allowance... does anyone know the latest I can claim?
I have no ink for my printer and thought it'd be quicker to get the forms sent out from the Jobcentre. 2 weeks later, no forms, I call them and they haven't even been sent out. Grrr! I should now get them mid next week, and will probably take me ages to fill it all out. I don't want to miss out on anything

You can claim anytime from 27 weeks aslong as the start date is 29 weeks or later. There's no reason you can't ask for it to start from the day you send your claim form in if that's what you want.

My sister claim was backdated 4 weeks as she presumes she would get smp but due to been on sick from 14 weeks she didn't qualify so when her Dec wage came in there was no money....she was sorted and backdated to November with no questions asked xx

Hi All,

I am now 26 weeks pregnant and have read about maternity allowance as i am not eligible for SMP as i have started my new job from july 2018 however i was working before as well since february 2018, I am currently earning 700/month (175/week i can say before tax deduction)

On maternity allowance i think they pay either 27/week or 145/week so i am confuse which one i am eligible for (i hope it's 145/week as it will be close my pay)?

Did the mother work (or will she have worked) for at least 26 weeks in this job between 24 September 2017 and 29 December 2018? Yes (by 29th december i will complete 26 weeks on this new job started from july 2018)

Did the mother earn (or will she have earned) a total of £390 or more in any 13 weeks of this job between 24 September 2017 and 29 December 2018?

Are they asking for 390/week in any of 13 weeks?
I have a fear if i am not earning 390/week then they won't pay me 145/week instead just 27/week which i assume is nothing compare to my salary

how i gonna cover my cost :(

please guide me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back