maternity allowance help please :( stressedddd

LucyB.

Reaction score
im applying for maternity allowance as i have had to quit work due to pelvic girdle pain causing me to be in agony after a days work as my job involved standing up all day.

i quit my job in my 28th week of pregnancy so i was employed 15 weeks before my baby is due. The form says that if i was employed 15 weeks before baby is due i need to send an smp1 form stating why my workplace wont be giving me statutory maternity pay but work are being arseholes and messing me around when i ask for the form saying they dont know what im talking about.

If i have quit work and am not being paid statutory maternity pay for that reason and not because of earnings etc do i still need to send an smp1??xxx

i had to send one in hun!! work just stated on there the reason i was not entitled to it :) if in doubt call them up about it and ask for advice xxx

i reckon you'll deffo need the smp1 form from your work. you should go into your work (take someone with you for support). and just tell them that they need to give you the form. they can get their payroll to send it to them. if your manager or whatever say they dont know what the form is then explain it to them. it comes from payroll. and they have to give it to you. dont take no for an answer. x

My work messed me around and i sent my MA off weeks late, you HAVE to have a smp1 form no matter what, you need to give your work a MATB1 form from your midwife then your headoffice will give you the smp1 form, saying that you may be entitled to smp from your work, my work are a joke i know how you feel xx

:( I'm going to ring up tomorrow and ask him about it, I have a feeling he's going to be horrible about it and not co-operate but I really need it obviously! I'll just keep pestering haha xxx

You can print off the SMP1 form online yourself, then just take it in and get someone to fill it in in front of you. It's literally a few tickboxes and signatures, should take 5 mins :) xx

I rang before and he said he'd do it for me today! I mentioned u could print it off and fill it out urself and he said he'd do that and let me know when it's ready to pick up :D woooooo! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back