Maternity allowance help anyone and sure start grant?

honeybear

Reaction score
Got my smp1 form of my employer and waiting for copies of my wage slips so I've can't send it off with the huge maternity allowance paper work
Has anyone any idea of waiting times once they receive it all or back logs ? Currently on esa as my work couldn't pay me sick pay either (useless).

Also has anyone had any experience with applying for the sure start maternity grant

No idea what sure start is sorry, but I have applied for maternity allowance as i'm self employed and they do have a bit of a back log.. took me 5 weeks to hear from when they recieved my paperwork x

Thank you Katiek
Have they said how long until your actually going to start getting payments?
X

No probs :) They said 5-10 working days from recieving my confirmation letter, it's been 6 working days so far and I don't think it's been paid yet xx

I've opted for maternity allowance from 29 weeks with my circumstances so I hope they can sort things just waiting on my payslips from work so I can send it all off xx

I got my letter 5 weeks after applying and then a payment 10 days after that xx

I've just recieved my letter today, sent off my paperwork on Oct 28th i think. When I reply back telling them when I want to start my mat leave, will there be another hug wait or will they start paying me fairly soonish do you know girls? I'm thinking of starting it next monday instead of jan 1st now.

In regards to sure start, your midwife should have the forms for that but the criteria is a poo, and really limiting as to who can have it xxxxx

I've just recieved my letter today, sent off my paperwork on Oct 28th i think. When I reply back telling them when I want to start my mat leave, will there be another hug wait or will they start paying me fairly soonish do you know girls? I'm thinking of starting it next monday instead of jan 1st now.

In regards to sure start, your midwife should have the forms for that but the criteria is a poo, and really limiting as to who can have it xxxxx

No idea I'm afraid sweet, I put my desired start date on the initial paperwork - did you fill it in or had you not decided yet? I've just had to wait 8 working days for my first payment which was even after them knowing my start date so I wouldn't be overly optimistic but you never know.. :( I've just had my NI bill through and paid that so I'm hoping they'll put me on the standard rate asap.. I know it's horrible and stressful worrying about money but you'll make it work, just make sure you and your partner stick together as a team, my other half and I have blazing rows over money and it really does put a wedge in between us.. In the long list of things to worry about, temporary monetary problems are a breeze as long as as you're covering your basic needs.. Try not to stress lovely xx

I did the same put my desired start date on for it weather they get it right or not is another matter. The babies dad and me have constant rows about money an trying to move out with 13 weeks to go it's a nightmare always start of a row or my stress x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back