Can anyone help me with a question about Maternity allowance?

eldraW

Reaction score
Hey all.

Just a quick question... Unfortunatley i am not entitled to SMP from my employer as when i fell pregnant i was on the sick and had been for best part of a year. I have been advised to apply for Maternity allowance which i am so hoping i am entitled too. Just wondering when you ladies think is the best time to apply for Maternity allowance?

Thanks Amy xx

Hiya
Your employer should give you an SMP1 form - have they done that yet?
If you google statutory maternity allowance and go to the direct.gov.uk site, you'll get the number to call to apply. They are really good at advising when to apply. Just been through all this myself!
Xx

R right thanks.... As of yet i havent had any forms off my employer. Do you think its about time i rang or is it still a bit to early? xx

I'm on my phone so can't see tickers - how many weeks are you? I had to wait until -11 before they'd process my forms ie 29 weeks. Definitely chase your employer for SMP1 because the benefits peeps won't process your application without it. Xxx

Plus I'd get the ball rolling asap with the benefits - the worst that'll happen is that they'll send the forms back to you and tell you when to re-send them. That happened to me! X

Ah ok thanks. Im only 20+3. Will my OH have to apply or do anythin? Also is their a standad rate that u get paid or does it varie on each individual person? Your help is much appreciated.

Amy xx

Im applying for it and it said dont do it before 14 weeks before your due date but apply as early as you can as you can set a date for it to start. I have the form and its not too hard but you do need your smp1 form. I had a nightmare getting it from my employers as they are obsessed with telling me im not entitled to anything from them (I agree that I dont as I was preggers before I started there)
xxxx

I've just applied for mine..you also need a matb1 form from ur midwife! They can't issue this until 20 weeks so u should be able to get that this week..if u are employed but off sick I THINK they may you stary MA at 29 weeks and you can apply at about 24-25 weeks I think x

I wouldnt mind but I was honest with them and said I knew I wasnt entitled to anything but when I found out I was eligable for maternity allowance (thought it would be means tested) I wanted to get what I was owed. They kept saying that they didnt have to give me anything, in the end hubby printed it off and I just gave it to em!!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back