MAT B1 / MA form

ruby2015

Reaction score
My MatB1 form has the wrong due date on- midwife put 2 weeks earlier than the actual date. She was looking into getting a new one but has just called to say it's really complicated to give out a replacement. I'm desperate to get it all sent off- should I use this earlier date on my MA form or stick with actual due date?

Unlikely anyone will have experience of this but please let me know if you do!

Surely she can just print it out its only on paper.

Id defo hassle her to change it!

Say ur 2 weeks late,that means ur mat pay would start possibley 4 weeks before baby is even born if u keep the incorrect date!
And ull be bk to worn even earlier than needed!

Shes made the error so defo change!

Unless u can have a word with HR and tell her how shes claiming its hard to replace and if u can just correct it yourself? Xx

What date was you planning to start your leave? It shouldn't make too much difference x

Aw yea sorry if ur planning on leaving before hand then it wont make a huge difference.
But if you wasnt planning on leaving till after the date shes put on ur form then id chase it up to change x

Last edited:
Surely she could just give another. I don't know what's difficult about it. Have you told your employer see what they say? X

You need it to be correct. I am having baby at 39 wks but mine has to show actual edd.

Thanks ladies. Such a nuisance! Why did she make that mistake?! Oh well, I'll ring her again and say I need it redoing. Worried about running out of time as I've spent a couple of weeks now waiting for her to sort it. I'm planning on stopping 2 days before she's said I'm due- tempting just to do my MA application form with this date. I'm self-employed so will have to start working again quite soon after the birth- maybe it doesn't make much difference. Really don't know! Best to ask for a new Mat B1 I guess. Thank you all so much for the advice.

There is no way she can refuse you a new one if the one she gave previously was incorrect. Definitely chase it up, and if she persists to be awkward, speak to her superior!

Its just a printed single sheet of papet that mw fills in your personal details and due date - nothing whatsoever complicated about it! Def nag her its her mistake & as above poster suggested if she refuses ask to speak to her manager.
Probably wont make any difference using the wrong date but personally when claiming any sort of money from govt etc i'd rather it all be correct and not come back & bite you x

Hi Ruby2015
My midwife also got mine wrong and when I phoned her to change this she said I could just do this myself so I just changed the date, like you I was working right up to due date.
I ended up being 10 days early so it all changed any way.
Good Luck

Thanks so much everyone- you're all amazing- feel so much better! Thanks Lucky2015- I'm just going to change it myself like you did then as I'm desperate to get it in the post! Feeling better now- thanks again to everyone for the advice xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back