When to stop supporting their head?

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Jake had been able to hold his own head for ages, he can hold it now without it wobbling, except for when he is tired. I went to the doctors with him the other day and she said I should still support his head :shock: I thought that as he can hold it himself I dont need to. He is 3 and a half months old. The thing is, if you try to hold his head when he is sitting up he just pulls himself forward so you arent touching his head anymore. He doesnt like lying down in my arms either and will arch his back and try to throw himself backwards.

Was I wrong to think this :oops:

(Nasty doc said he had a big head too :evil: )

Oh dear, I dont tend to support Maddisons head much anymore as she has been able to hold her head up herself from birth :shock:

Dylan had a woblly neck for quite sometime so never had to think about it..if you are happy then i wouldn't worry...everything you is wrong in someones eyes

As for head head been to big sounds...too big for what????..D is on differetn centile for weight height and head cicumfrance...

What does the stupid doctor mean, "his head is too big" too big for what? Idiot :x :x :x :x :x Just ignore the woman - if he is holding his head up it is because his neck muscles are capable of it. Good for Jake! :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheer:

Lisa

Thanks for your replies, I was starting to really worry I was doing something wrong and harming Jake

I don't remember conciously supporting Austin's head after he was a couple of weeks old, he's always been really strong & happy to hold it himself.

As for head size - no-one's measured Austin's head since his 8 week check, so it can't be that important.

If you're happy & Jake's happy then there's nothing to worry about :hug:

Ignore them natalie, jake is a big lad like my stephen. Hes lovely and is growing well.Ignore the stupid cow.

Some babies are so advanced when it comes to holdi ng their heads whereas some it takes a little longer.
Imogen is still wobbling on her neck a bit and I still support her, but i cant hold her like a baby anymore, she hates it and kicks out.

My nephews been able to hold is head up and look around since he was 6 weeks which looks a bit like something for the exorcist so i wouldnt worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back