Making up bottles - how are you doing it???

I've been adding powder to cooled boiled water as I found when they were made up & left they smelled a bit...
Re the bacteria - if the water/powder is going into a freshly sterilised bottle then what bacteria could there be? X

so this is going to sound completely crazy . . . but i make them all up as and when i need them! as for going out i always make sure i have a carton of pre-made formula in the changing bag and then just make sure i have a sterile bottle too! but tbh we haven't gone that far yet and so we've only needed to feed him once or twice!

I have all the bottles sterilised prior to bedtime. I fill a flask with boiling water (I let it cool for a short period before putting into flask). I have the formula measured out in the wee pots and make the bottles as I go then. Normally by the time I have wakened the flask water is cool enough to pretty much serve right away.

The flask is the best tip ever given to me! When me & LO head out I bring the flask with me so I am never in a position where I have to wait on boiled water to cool - simple!

I make all the bottles up with the amount of water then add the powder when needed. I don't heat the bottles as Lucy has always taken them at room temp. This way I can wash and sterilise and make up the bottles for next day. Hope this helps. I did try making as we go but it felt almost impossible!! Xx

This is how we do it and my Lo hasnt had any issues

That's how I did it when my three older ones were bottle fed, no wastage of milk, easy at night time ( bottles next to bed), and get a powder dispenser tub or two , and you can pre-fill the compartments with the right scoops of formula and just twist and tip into water in night or when out)

thats what we do to, and when i go out as well. get a advent blue powder dispenser and measure out your scoops during the day so at 3am you just have to tip it into the bottle and shake!!

I did everything at the one time - I agree that its not very practical to steralise & make up feeds individually.

I washed & steralised everything at night/first thing morning - Made up all 6 bottles with the feed, left them for 1/2 an hour or whatever til they are cool then put them in the fridge & heated them up with a jug of boiled water as and when required.

I'd say when baby gets a bit older its hard to keep up with making individual feeds, esp when your out for day trips. Cant imagine how it would be possible to make individual feeds while out all day.

Oh and my MW told me it was ok to do it this way, seems there's conflicting advice (as normal!)

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back