Maisie-Rose Freda Staples 5.02.11** Photos added **

Elfs Mummy

Reaction score
Born on Auntie Fredas bday :)
Sorry its long

Thursday 3rd February

I started feeling really feint whilst out with my friend, took about 2 hours for the dizziness to calm down and for me to be able to drvie homw. By the time I’d got home I’d swollen so much I looked like a snowball !! So rang delivery suite and they told me to come straight in. When I got there I was told I had a high blood pressure and protein in my urine so would be kept in and monitored over night. I had a terrible nights sleep I was starting to live through pain relief as my headaches were so bad.

Friday 4th February

All my blood work cam back clear but my blood pressure was still high and there was still protein in my urine by this time I was feeling so sick that I wasn’t eating. I had know idea what was going on as the consultant said just to monitor me and he decided I wouldn’t be going home till I had Maisie. The rest of the day is a bit of a blur.

Saturday 5th February

I saw the consultant and he decided that I would have my section early as my body was showing all the signs of pre eclampsia but my bloods weren’t catching up. He decided that they probably would Section me on Sunday but try and stretch till Monday as the whole team would be in and it would be safer to do. I decided to go have a shower however that wasn’t going to be as the consultant came back and said we’re sectioning you today !! I was so shocked I called my Mum but she didn’t answer so I told my Dad and he told Mum over the phone however it didn’t sink in and she called me whilst they were weeling me down to delivery. I arrived on delivery and about 5 minutes later my Mum turned up in complete shock. They said they would section me about 3.30 pm. I asked to have a shower but they wouldn’t let me as my blood pressure was still high and they were worried I would pass out in the shower. After being on delivery for a bit they anethetist came and spoke to me and gave me all the necessary information and asked when the last time I ate or drank anything was, as I hadn’t eaten or drunk anything apart from water they decided to move the time forward to 1.30- 2. I took tablets that they gave me and they did all the prep before I would go into theatre. At just after 2pm I was taken to the theatre which was really different from what I imagined, it was a really calm relaxed environment but apparently I looked petrified !! They started to prep me but then a phone call came saying that there was an emergency in A & E so they had to stop and I was taken back to delivery. Luckily they weren’t gone for that long and about 3.30 they started again. The spinal being put in wasn’t that bad at all but then I was so used to getting prodded and poked as I was already having about 3 blood tests a day and was beginning to resemble a pin cusion ! They made sure that I was numb raised the curtain and my Mum was bought in. I didn’t really know what was going on all I could hear was them chatting away very relaxed. I began to feel some tugging and at 15.58 Maisie-Rose was born, she was taken straight to the resuscitation table where she needed oxygen for a few minutes before she could breathe on her own, I was panicing as I had been told before if all was fine she would be bought straight to me but obviously they didn’t let me know anything till she was given the all clear. After what seemed like a life time they showed me a picture of her and then after a few minutes they bought her over, I was on so happy she was perfect I have never been so in love. The she opened her bladder all over my hair ! After a little time they weighed her and put a nappy on her, she was taken next door and my Mum got to have her first cuddle. They stitched me up and sorted me out and they I was moved to join her where we had skin to skin and she had her first little feed. For the rest of the day I just cuddled her and fed her. Mu mum got her dressed at some point but she was skin to skin for the majority of the time I was in delivery. At about 10pm I was taken up to the ward, where Maisie slept for most of the night only waking for feeds which I had to have some help with as I was in quite a bit of pain and I had all the drips in etc.

Sunday 6th February

Speant the Morning with Maisie all snuggled in bed with me she is more perfect than I could have imagined. They then decided to remove my line and cafeter and let me get up J First thing I asked was if I could have a shower and they said yes ! They helped me get out of bed and walk to the shower I bought Maisie and my Mum with me for moral support ! I managed to get into the shower and I started to feel very feint so I told my mum to help me wash my hair which she did very quickly as I told her I was about to pass out ! Managed to get to the chair before I actually did, in my notes it says a rolled forward and my eyes went. I couldn’t hear what they were saying and was wheeled back into bed where I then didn’t want to move. They took my bp and it has sky rocketed and my temp so I was put back on the drip and had some more anti biotics. The rest of the days a bit of a blur with me struggling to get up to go to the toilet and lots of pain. Maisie fed with some help started filling some lovely nappies which I didn’t have to change as I still wasn’t at a very good sitting up stage. I had to have lots of help with feeding throughout the night sadly there was a very mean.

Monday 7th February

Im so much better J can’t believe the difference I can actuallt get up move around and look after my little screamer. Yes during the night Maisie found her lungs and kept everyone awake. She’s looking forward to finaly having visitors and in the afternoon we had lots.

Tuesday 8th February

We can go home !!!

Last edited:
Aw Hun it sounds like u had quite a time of it!! :hug: but so glad Maisie-Rose got here safe and sound :love: xx

Congratulations Hun xx

Congratulations, hope your recovery goes well, enjoy your little girl :)

Glad Maisie is here safe and well! Hope you feel back to normal quickly :)

Glad you're ok now hun!! Congratulations on your little girl! :) x

So glad you're ok now hun! Huge congratulations on lil Maisie-Rose :) x

Wow you had it tough! Congratulations. Hope you manage to get some rest xx

congratulations! :love: Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

So Maisie ended up back in hospital again with dehydration relating to jaundice she speant a day on drips and two under lights but her feeding is finaly back up to scratch and we're home for a second time i'll try and add some pictures xx

Congratulations hun, nice to hear that you are back at home xxx

Glad you're back home now, take care of yourself and a big congratulations to you! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back